Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas, Before and After

This was me, about 8 years ago? Surgery was 5 years ago.
Diabetic, one heart attack. (for starters)
You can see why.

DSCN1141.JPG

This is me, a few days ago (Christmas Eve) with my new Grandkids (twins)
I will be 64 in 2 weeks.

100+ Lbs down, feel 1/2 my age.....little or no health issues.

This is my favorite time of year...the parties started a few weeks ago. At least 3-4 that were work related, plus one my Wife gave for her employees and their families.

Plus it seemed as though every hospital/clinic I went to for the past 2 weeks has had some sort of in-house luncheons, etc.

Then there came Christmas eve, which is a big tradition for my family, then Christmas morning at my Daughters for a large brunch...

Back to our house for our Christmas dinner that evening.

Today we are off to my Brother-in-laws out of state for a full day...

After this, comes New Years with dinners and full days of watching College football...

I'm not so concerned about gaining weight, been here before since surgery and I know my Band and how to listen to it.....what I am concerned about is all the unhealthy things I would not normally eat, not to mention the huge spike in alcohol consumption.

I do not believe in New Years resolutions, but come Jan. 2, I am going on a 14 day PaleoCleanse to rid my body of all these toxins....

Christmas comes but once a year....and with my new life that surgery has given me, I am enjoying it more now than ever....(I probably would not be here without it)

You look like you are twenty years younger !!!!

Great job. You've done an outstanding job on ensuring many, many years grandparenting those perfect little twins.

@@B-52 by I agree with @@Dub, you look twenty years younger! wow!!!

grandbabies are THE best :)

You look great. Congratulations on sustaining your weight loss and getting healthy. The holidays are a special time to be with family ☺️

Those babies are too cute!!!!

Congratulations.

@@B-52

An inspiration for sure. Thank you for all your posts.

Lisa

Congratulations! You must be so proud of your accomplishments! Enjoy your family and friends!

If you have time could you expand on what you will be eating during your cleanse, it sounds interesting.

Congratulations!! You look terrific! So glad you are feeling healthy! Christmas holidays are tuff....all that great looking food. Thanks to our surgeries, consumption is easier to control! May the new year bring you the best!!! Twins??? Wow! You are blessed!

Congratulations on your New Life, weight loss, family, fun and friends! Happy New Year! Enjoy!

Wow - what a transformation! Congrats on your success and taking back your life.

Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to some people on here ;-)

Wowzie! You have done fantastic! Your skin is even glowing & looks healthy.

Congratulations on your success and enjoy those beautiful twins & the Holidays!!!

Thank you for your pictures and for all the instructive and helpful posts you share about your life as a successful bander. You help me all the time. Merry Christmas!

What a win you've had! Not only have you successfully lost weight but you've added healthy years to your life! Congratulations????