Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegetarian breakfast ideas

Breakfast is the meal I struggle with everyday. I need suggestions. My NUT has told me to move on from shakes (11 weeks post op).

Every morning I feel like toast. But if I eat a piece of toast, it sets me off on a bad road for the day where I crave carb/snack foods all day. I need high protein/low carb suggestions.

What do you eat for Breakfast?

Well, I eat chicken breast for breakfast most days, but that is probably not appealing to you ^_^

I would suggest: Greek yogurt with some PB2 or Peanut Butter stirred in, cottage cheese with salsa, Salad Dressing, or peanut butter, any kind of eggs (my favorite!). A small amount of refried Beans with cheese is a little higher carb but filling and has good Protein, too. I also like veggie burgers (the kind from Morningstar Farms and similar).

I eat Greek yogurt pretty much every day for breakfast (usually with a few berries on it - although I'm not sure at what point I added the berries - it may have been a month or two into it).

Cottage cheese would be a great choice, too. I eat it for lunch sometimes - it's loaded with Protein.

Ricotta cheese pancakes! Mix them sigh an egg and some almond meal or coconut flour and vanilla. Maybe some fake sugar or sf Torani Syrup and cook like a pancake

Check out world according to egg face blog too and look for her cafloutis recepie. Or the oopsie or cloud bread (google it)

Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit, eggs ( I like mine scrambled w/ a tiny bit of cheese and salsa), Black Beans with a sunny side egg & avocado, I also like steel cut oats w brown sugar & cinnamon. If I go out I get a vegetable omelet. On days when I'm not super hungry I'll have a cup of miso Soup with small diced tofu.

I do eggs, cottage cheese with sugar free fruit preserves. Greek yogurt, bariatric pal Cereal or oatmeal, low sugar oatmeal mixed with a half scoop of unflavored Protein Powder, Protein Bars (if/when I decide to try them...then tend to make me dump). Sometimes I have non breakfast items for breakfast too if I really want to. Why not? I also make waffles out of Protein powder and cook in a waffle Iron and top with sugar free Syrup.< /p>

Edited by otillie03103

can you eat eggs? I mix a few eggs with some finely diced veggies and some chopped up turkey slices. I pour the mixture into my muffin pan and top with a little shredded cheese and bake them until the eggs are set. That's breakfast for a few days

I eat a vegetable omelet most mornings. One egg, shredded cheese, black Beans, mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, Frank's hot sauce, and a chopped up Morningstar vegetarian "sausage".

I eat a vegetable omelet most mornings. One egg, shredded cheese, black Beans, mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, Frank's hot sauce, and a chopped up Morningstar vegetarian "sausage".

That sounds delicious!

I went to the vegetarian butcher today. I bought some polenta, sundries Tomato and basil sausages. I think I ha w found an awesome breakfast food!

I like making baby quiches in silicone cupcake liners. You can mix and match any veggies and cheese to your hearts content. They are very portable and quick to reheat in the microwave. Yummy!

I was gifted the most delicious medjool dates. I take 2 split them in half and stuff cheese in 2 and smoked seitan in the other. Makes the perfect salty sweet bite. Warning, it's a bit of a sugar hit, so this is not a Breakfast I would eat often, but if you have an active day ahead, it's a good natural energy source and full of Fiber.

The thing is years ago I could have eaten nearly the entire packet.

I make oatmeal and add a scoop of Protein powder.

How about a bean burrito (with a little cheese if you aren't vegan)? They freeze well too, so they make a good grab-and-go breakfast; just wrap loosely in a paper towel &microwave 30-90 seconds.

Split pea Soup is really high in Protein. Some brands have ham though.

Thick cut oatmeal with some fresh banana and raw walnuts. The banana eliminates the need for sugar. You can add milk or Water and let it sit in the refrig overnight so it's quick to Nike it in the morning. Just make sure that the bananas are on the bottom so they don't get brown.

Sweet Earth makes really good vegan & vegetarian burritos. High Protein as well. My fav is the Tiger Curry and the Anasazi burritos. Protein ranges from 11 - 18 grams of protein.