Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 surgery dates?

So far, I don't have a date, but I should get one for November or December. I'll track you down if scheduled for December. Thanks!

Dec 1st for me! So excited!

Approved today after 5 weeks, but won't actually believe it until I see it in writing! Surgery scheduled for December 8th!!!!

Just scheduled mine yesterday: December 14

I still have my 6 month weigh in & psych visit on Nov18 (pre-surgery bloodwork & EKG that day, too), but everything's prepped and we do not anticipate any problems with insurance. Moving right along.....

4 weeks from Monday!

Hello, fellow December surgery peeps! So how are you feeling? I kind of feel like I'm in limbo...in denial...yes, I have a surgery date. Yes, I'm doing all of the procedures and tests and everything else. Support group. Psychologist ongoing meetings. But part of me feels like it's a dream, that it's not real. I'm not eating any differently yet, except stopping diet coke and all carbonated drinks. And I'm working toward going Decaf completely with coffee, too. But I haven't lost weight. I've actually gained six pounds since my first weigh in at the bariatric center. I start the ten day prediet next saturday and i think THAT is when it will all become very, very real to me....

Is anyone else feeling this way?

Hello, fellow December surgery peeps! So how are you feeling? I kind of feel like I'm in limbo...in denial...yes, I have a surgery date. Yes, I'm doing all of the procedures and tests and everything else. Support group. Psychologist ongoing meetings. But part of me feels like it's a dream, that it's not real. I'm not eating any differently yet, except stopping diet coke and all carbonated drinks. And I'm working toward going Decaf completely with coffee, too. But I haven't lost weight. I've actually gained six pounds since my first weigh in at the bariatric center. I start the ten day prediet next saturday and i think THAT is when it will all become very, very real to me....

Is anyone else feeling this way?

I am just waiting on insurance and exhausted by the whole process. I have a date of dec.10 and praying for approval. I will have a 14 day liquid so hoping this approval comes soon. I cut out caffeine, replaced one meal with Protein Shakes i also won't eat and drink anymore to get used to doing it after. It is very real. I am not nervous actually excited to see the new me.

Things have been going surprisingly well for me. I've really used the 6 months to educate myself and make subtle changes to the way I eat (Protein centered meals, citing WAY back on carbs, virtually eliminating sugar, drink less while eating). Since the humidity of summer ended, my MS has been calm and I've been able to exercise/walk easily several times a week. I feel great, I've dropped 2 of 3 diabetes meds, had my BP meds cut in half and dropped about 25 lbs.

Wednesday is my 6th official weigh in, a few pre tests and my psych evaluation. My insurance paperwork is all lined up, ready for submission after this visit. I have my time scheduled off work, my FMLA paperwork completed - I'm ready to go. My biggest paranoia now is that I'll get a cold right before my surgery date.

At the same time, in my mind, I just can't help feeling like it's been too easy. Don't get me wrong, it's been a lot of work. And I've had second thoughts...like do I REALLY need this drastic step when things seem to be "clicking" now? Then I remind myself that I've been here before...with brief successful times that eventually wear off & don't stick. That without the diet/exercise combo, making this happen is difficult and if my MS kicks up, having this surgery will make me stay on track. And this time, right now, is just the beginning. Sure, I'm feeling some "success" now, but the work is really just beginning.

I am feeling anxious. Everyday is just go away November and get here December. I have tried to start the preop diet step 1, assigned to me (2-3 Protein Shakes a day plus one salad with fish or chicken) and have yet to get a day perfect. I keep researching to learn everything i can for post op.