Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So years ago prior to the sleeve, I lost a good amount of weight and my hubby got me a new wedding band since the original engagement and wedding band were too loose.

After regaining, the originals fit. But now again, they do not. However, the second band is too tight- I assume I should be able to wear it after the New Year. Any suggestions on what everyone has been doing to compensate? I also don't want to wear them around my neck.

I had mine cut off a few years ago and resized. Now I'm wearing that bigger ring on my middle finger. I'm thinking of just getting a plain band when the weight is off.

Around month 3 post op, my wedding rings did not fit anymore (too big). What I did is that I took my wedding band and sized it down. I am keeping my engagement ring in the safe until I am done losing weight. Once I am done, I will get that sized down too. I do miss wearing it, but still happy to be wearing my wedding band. I am about due to get it sized down again too :)

I had a nice sapphire ring that my husband had given me for my birthday one year. I wore it for a while after my wedding rings were too loose. Then it became too loose and I just haven't been wearing anything. I'm almost to the point where I can wear my grandmother's wedding rings and I'll wear those until I'm stabilized and then have my regular rings resized.

I bought a $2.99 box of ring snuggies at wally world. I wear one on my engagement ring, which holds my wedding ring in place. Once I hit goal I will have them re-sized, but this is a good temporay hold-over.

I've already had mine resized once. Now they need to be resized again. I haven't been wearing them for fear of losing them until I can get it done again. I suppose I could buy some of those ring snuggies...

I took mine to the jewelry store and for $5 they put on a crossbar like device that helps size it down temporarily. When I'm done losing weight I will get it officially resized

I made my own Ring Snuggies...out of Oxygen Tubing. I also fused it together by melting the plastic together....so it couldn't fall off.

Many years ago...I got engaged (didn't make it down the aisle :)...and took my ring into Zales...to have it sized...and the diamond was switch out. I could never prove it...but trust me...it was not the diamond we bought. So I refuse to have my wedding ring resized...even though my diamonds are laser inscribed.

I think the ring snuggie thing is a good idea. I have a couple eternity bands that cant be sized, so I plan to wear them on bigger fingers. I told my DH he needs to plan to buy me some new ones!!

I was opening my car door and my ring flew off my hand! I came home and looked on Ebay or Amazon (HSN? I don't remember) and bought a Rhodium/Silver CZ set that looks almost identical to my original ring. I think it was about $100. I am still wearing it, it is almost prettier than my real set. When I lose to goal I will have my rings sized.... they are very sentimental.

Edited by liannatx

I'm about a month out and my wedding band was too loose so I have it in my jewelry box now. I'm going to wait until I hit goal to resize so I only have to do it once. I went to Dillard's and bought a $20 fashion jewelry band to wear temporarily. I'll keep sizing down with new bands as many times as I need to with little investment this way.

I just got mine resized a month ago and it's already getting lose again. Thank heavens I get free resizing with warranty we got lol

I'm using ring guards at this point on all my rings.

On my second surgiversary (if I'm still at mainteanance weight) I'll get them all resized. ;)

It just seems like a little extra goal for me. :)

Ring bling ... Ordered off the Internet a clear adhesive band for inside your rings

til I finally get my jewelry resized