Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's in your home gym?

What's in your home gym, and what do you really use and like?

For me, I'm using my rower and my exercise bike (plus a daily multimile walk). I have some other stuff that I've accumulated over the years, such as a bowflex unit and an elliptical machine, but I've not yet added them to my new program.

How about you all?

post-0-13813135261681_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813135261808_thumb.jpg

I've got a really good treadmill, and a 30kg adjustable barbell set, assorted dumbells between 1 and 5kg, a set of boxing mitts and focus pads, resitance bands (never use them, too easy), an ab roller, a yoga mat.

We only have a small house, it takes up half our family room in what was once our casual eating area.

I use these things to do a circuit 3 x a week, Doug and I often do it together. On the other days I prefer to leave the house and run outside, but sometimes I just run or walk on the treadmill.

We do need a better weights set up, at the very least a bench but we have nowhere to put it, we just cant fit it in in this house, and we wont be moving for another year or two.

I had a really great gym quality treadmill that collected dust for years. I sold it and joined a gym that was only 10$ a month. Now I have all the equipment i could imagine collecting dust.

Actually i have been going quite a bit

Its funny isnt it. I always enjoyed the gym but the time factor stopped me being consistent with it. I've never exercised as consistenly as I do now that I just head out the door for a run or turn my treadmill on and get the weights out.

Having stuff at home has truly been the key for me, so much so that in our next home, room for a complete and really well equipped home gym is a must. Doug uses it all as well and we have three kids, the boys are 9 and 11 and in the next few years no doubt they will develop an interest as well, most teenage boys get into weights at some point or another. So I feel its a hugely beneficial thing for the whole family, and not a luxury at all to have a big home gym!

I dont know why I dont just look at it gathering dust, becuase we've hired treadmills before and never used them. I dont know what was different this time.

I picked up a curl bar and some weights a number of years ago, but I never ended up using it much till just recently. I'm trying, captain! I'm giving her all she's got! hahahaha.

I would love to have a home gym, but I have the space slotted in the basement for my theatre. If I were to have a home gym I would love to have a gym quality eliptical. We have one that we bought from costco a while back and it was not cheap, but not nearly as nice as the ones that I use at the gym. In hindsight I wish I spent the extra $1000-1500 to get the one like the gym has.

I am more of a gym goer though so it is all good.

Andrew

360lbtpic.jpg

Hey, just because I got banded and lost 35 lbs don't mean I'm any less lazy and will stop playing some video games (although my wife was hoping it would help).

I signed up to a gym though and go three times a week. I've slacked off the last two weeks, but I don't see myself having any kind of home gym.

I have an orbital treadmill with heart rate monitor, haven't used it much lately (pre-surgery), but hope to get back on it post-op

I have been hitting my home setup pretty hard since surgery. Here is my setup.

A brutus 655 home gym with leg press, butterfly attachment, crunch bar, rowing machine and cable bars, along with a Proform rebel recumbent bike/elliptical trainer.

Had to knock the dust off it , but now its getting some use

Here is what I have in my garage,

Weight bench and 300 pounds of weight. I don't use that much weight but hey it is there. I also have a treadmill but at this point I haven't used it much. I just bought the perfect pushup because I want to do push ups but hand placement has always been a pain.

We have a treadmill (aka dreadmill) an elliptical (the elliptic-hell), a bench and 150 lbs worth of free weights, with full bar and dumbells, an exercise ball, and lots of videos. I use it all except the videos....but to be honest...the only thing I use the exercise ball for is to entertain my 2 yr old granddaughter while I exercise!!!

Kat

I have a treadmill but prefer walking outside... good for those bad weather days.

I just added a speed bad to my home gym. It cost 40 bucks and has taken about 2 weeks to really get the rhythm down and it is so much fun. The kids come out and watch once you get good at it and it feels good to hit the back to the rhythm of some music. I have a bodybugg and I burned 300 calories in 40 minutes of fun. This is what boxers use to get hand speed going.

Pre-procedure, I've got free weights of various sizes, 4 sizes of kettlebells (10lb, 18lb, 27lb, 36lb) a treadmill that has been shrinkwrapped for a year and a half, a great little stationary bike in front of my tv that I've used about 10 times, and bands.

But, since I live in Florida, I'm usually outside walking along the bay or doing the kettlebells. Those are my two favorite things to do. Am trying to hit them hard before I can't do them for almost 2 months.

I used to do this video called 'slim in 6' that was from an infomercial or something and I really liked it.

:-)