Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleeve?

If things go right for me I am looking at getting my sleeve done in December! In November I will have my last NUT visit to complete the 6 months supervised, I will have my release from my cardiologist, and have my pysch evaluation done. Also in November we will be doing my upper endoscopy and if that goes well everything will be submitted to my insurance and the hope is to get approved in time for December surgery.

Some people think I am nuts for considering the surgery in December but I think it will just keep me from gaining the normal Holiday 10.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

My sleeve surgery was December 11 2011. Christmas was a sad meal but I was so ready to get the weight loss going....it was worth it.

My sleeve surgery is 12/16/15. I will be pre-op dieting starting 11/24/15 so USA thanksgiving dinner is off the table (pun intended), and Christmas I will be newly sleeved. I don't look at it as missing food events. I still have the meaning/spirit of the holiday without the food focus. I can enjoy family, music, sending cards, etc and I will be excited to be steps ahead towards a healthier more active me. This will be a holiday season of new beginnings, for all of us Nov/Dec/Jan starters.

I may be receiving my surgery either Dec or Jan. I just got word this week my current insurance copays will change in Jan. Since I am on disability and only able to work 10 hours a week my income is low and if offered a Dec surgery I am seriously thinking of having it done. Like other say I have had 59 previous Christmases to enjoy and I want to get this new life started.

Mimisan I don't think you are nuts. Don't listen to others do what you feel is best.

Mine is Dec 10th and I am excited ......holidays will always be here.....I'm going for it ????????

You guys all feel like I feel. Having the sleeve before Christmas is like a gift to myself and it will keep me from gaining weight over the holidays like I usually do.

I'm hoping to get mine in December. I was supposed to have it done in July, but ended up needing a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer instead. Surgery was my cute and I've been released for WLS. Working in the schools leaves my time off limited, so I'm really hoping for Dec! I don't want to wait a year from my originally scheduled date and screw up another summer. I want to Celebrate next summer!!

I'm scheduled for December 14th, pending insurance approval. I'm so happy to be in this process that I don't even care that Christmas & New Years holidays will be on either liquid or soft diet. Im thinking its a small adjustment to make for future health & happiness.

I met with surgeon yesterday and told him if possible I would be willing to have the sleeve done in December. The Dr told me he was leaving to go out of the country December 16 for the Holiday. I seriously doubt now that I will be approved and have a scheduled date before that date. So I guess I am looking at Jan. I would feel better anyhow knowing the Dr had taken his vacation and is ready to start the New Year. This was my 4th of 6 pre-op supervised visits and i lost another 7.

Just got my date! Dec 14!! Woo hoo!!!

My surgeon is hoping to have everything in line for December 16-18ish. I still have a few clearances to get, but I am really hoping that I am able to get them done very soon!