Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lunch ideas?

So I'm almost 3 months out and for some reason and struggling with lunch. Tried ricotta bake--loved it until I ate it for lunch 2 weeks straight and still have no desire to eat it again. I've made chicken salad, taco salad (without chips/nachos!), had some lentils and I'm bored with all of these. Anyone have a go-to lunch? I usually do yogurt and berries for Breakfast, some type of meat in the evening, plus a Protein Shake and a couple low fat cheese strings during the day as well. I just need some better take to work lunch ideas!

I eat chicken bowls and lunch meat and cheese roll ups, I also eat fish sticks every now and then shrimp and broccoli..

Taco salad sounds good what do you put on that

I eat a cup of Panera chili since it is now back in season. 190 calories, 8g of fat, and 15g of Protein. The sodium is at 720. I eat that chili all through the winter and it is one of the few things that has never made me sick.

Hey there - I do like refried Beans with cheese and also like to get the boca spicy chicken patties, top with a little low-sugar marinara from Sprouts or Whole Foods and melt a little low fat cheese - sorta like a chicken parmesan. Have also been known to steam an eggplant after slicing into rounds, and top with low sugar marinara with some ground chicken and 1 Tablespoon of fat free cottage cheese with a little cheese melted on top - like an eggplant parmesan. I have made baby quiches with no crust - that have spinach, low fat cottage cheese a few mushrooms and low fat mozzarella. A slice of that is nice and protein-y with veggies too.

I'm boring, I have almost the same lunch every day:

3 oz grilled chicken breast, chopped

1.5 oz green veggies (asparagus, artichoke hearts, or green beans)

1 T. light Salad Dressing (Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette)

Put in a small plastic food container and shake. Stick it in my bag and have it for lunch.

If you have a trader joes - they have roasted chicken patty (fully cooked). I pair the patty with 1/4 nectarine and a few mini sweet peppers.

Otherwise, low fat babybel cheese, cucumbers and turkey is another one of my go too.

And also - tuna with avocado stuffed in the sweet peppers is also a good one.

Hope this helps.