Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do with clothes

Just a question, what have you all done with your clothes after you started losing weight? I went from a 7X to a 4X and I have clothes that I need to get rid of. Not sure if I should take them to Goodwill or if there are other options. Some even brand new that I was too big to wear but now too small.

I took mine to Goodwill. I know some people will sell their old clothes on EBay if they are in good condition.

I went to friends first, let them score through my clothes - next stop is Goodwill. Congrats on the loss!!! :D :D

@@Daveo I'm all for goodwill or the Salvation Army. Sometimes you can donate them to a church or shelter.

All of the above but my new favorite is ThredUp.com they send you a bag and you mail it back (postage paid) and they either give you shopping credit or PayPal money for good condition stuff and the "rejects" are donated to charity.

Then you can shop for nice gently used stuff on their site or app.

If you get someone to invite you to use it you get $20 credit to use immediately to shop and can request a "clean out" bag even if you aren't shopping!

If anyone wants a code for the $20 (which can be applied to shipping costs to so you can get an item or two totally free!) PM me your email and I will send one!

check with your woman's battered shelter. they are always looking for clothes.

The Bariatric Support group at the hospital has a clothing swap night. On that night, you bring good clothing that you will no longer be wearing to give away or swap.

I've done a little of everything. Taken some to Goodwill, given some to people in my congregation, sold a few pieces on the FB FatToo pages and I've just signed up to try out ThredUp.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I think I'm gonna take them to goodwill. I know when I would go there I wish I could have found clothes in my size so maybe there is someone out there who is thinking the same.

I've done a little of everything. Taken some to Goodwill, given some to people in my congregation, sold a few pieces on the FB FatToo pages and I've just signed up to try out ThredUp.

You'll love ThredUp!

My daughter went from a size 3x to a 14. She had a whole wardrobe of clothes, expensive ones too - but she couldn't find any organization who would take them. So she just took them to Goodwill.

I will have the same issue - years and years of size 3x clothes. I am going to advertise on a local website that they are available for a donation to my church, and see if anyone is interested. If not, I guess it's Goodwill for me too.

Congrats on your loss!

I did both. I sold clothes in a bag (bag sale), but then I had others that I knew didn't have money and just gave them a bunch of what I thought would fit.

Sadly I don't know anyone who could use them . If I did I'd just give them away. I just realized I have a bag somewhere with more clothes that don't fit. Lol

I gave mine to Goodwill and The Salvation Army. They'll take anything. I looked up giving them to shelters and churches in my area, but they had really strict requirements about quality and "being in season". Whatever, everything is in a 30 gallon trash bag...take it or leave it! :P

I'd probably either list them on Craigslist or go to Goodwill. I always wish I could find my size in goodwill, so after my friends get their picks of my clothes as I shrink out of them, the rest will go to one of those places. Free of course. I know it sounds weird, but giving my clothes away for free is like therapy to me.