Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

they took all my blood...and saved it for a snack!

Well I got all my pre op testing (minus the EGD) done today ???? did my xrays, sonogram, EKG, and blood work done. Now usually when I know I'm having blood work done I stay hydrated so my veins are open, I had to fast for 12 hours so I was a little worried id be poked and proded....then knowing I had about 23 tests to run I was wondering exactly how many tubes of blood they were gonna take. So I'm sitting there looking like im about to rob the joint im so nervous and then its my turn. I go back and sit there. She puts the blue tourniquet on my arm and then there it is. The lie. The lie they call a "small poke". She puts that sucker in my arm and starts taking all of my blood lol. 15 tubes later im done and realize she's wrapping two in tin foil? I said are we saving those for a snack later or? She laughed and explained about the light and the Vitamins in our blood ???? today wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I hope its the same outcome for surgery ???? plus I got a sticker ???? lol ❤

You survived!! The amount of testing they put some of you through is criminal!!

Wow I think they took 3-4 vials from me, that was it, and for a large person, i have good veins

Congrats on getting so much done! I had all my blood work done by my primary during my 3 month monitored weight loss. Today I saw the surgeon and scheduled my cardiac, pulmonary, and psych evals. Do you have a date yet?

I have to do a six month supervised diet so I cant have surgery till Jan 16' ????

I have to do a six month supervised diet so I cant have surgery till Jan 16' ????

Awww! I had to do a 3 month one before I was referred to the surgeon. I started this process in April. I am close but not quite there yet. Hang in there. You will have a lot of holidays to look forward to that will help pass the time :)

I'm looking at it like its a great way to start off 2016 ???? you must be getting excited!

What are all the blood tests for? I was scheduled to do tests n meet the surgeon today n tomorrow but it got postponed until September. :/

@@valerie1982 I have no idea...i know the ones they wrapped in tinfoil were to check my Vitamins. But the surgeons office gave me about 7 pieces of paper stapled together and each paper had 4 tests on it so about 28 things. All I know is they took 15 big tubes of blood. Each office is different though.

One paper had to do with my insulin resistance and probably my metformin so minus those out and itd be 13 tubes

I've heard that going through a "regular" bariatric doctors office does have a lot of tests and visits with other doctors,etc ...

I went through True Results ... like you see on TV ?

I met with them in Feb. ... I had to get off my timed released medication before I could have surgery ... ( pretty strong stuff for my arthritis )

BUT .. if I wasn't on that ... I was scheduled for March 4th ....

But once I got off the timed released medication at the end of May ... I had to re-do the blood work, which was fine .. but then after the new blood work came back the middle of June ... I was scheduled for July 8th ...

I really enjoyed my experience at True Results ... AND it was much faster!!!