Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say one nice thing about lap bands

I'm laughing at how hard this is for me, a wordy writer. How about four words? I LOVE MY BAND!

Lapband best decision ever

My hubby hugged me today and said "you're so tiny ! " That's is all.

The lapband gave me quality of life again. There are certain dates I'll always remember. My birthday of course, my kids birthdays, my wedding anniversary, even the day I lost my darling husband. All of them dates of great importance in my life. I've also included the day my life changed for the better though I didn't know it yet....January 14th, 2013. The day my band was placed.

Being able to move & breath , without out being able to & the band helps me from knowing when I should stop eating so much , being a food junkie & a Soda addict all that is gone & so is almost over a 150#s I thought I only had a 150#s when I started , nope it was more My Surgeon & I hadn't realized until we discussed the initial visit to him when I started from 320#s till so far 167 , this is why I chose the band , but I don't love my tool (band) , I guess I can't say just one word about MY BAND because it has gave me my life back & more years.

Helped me to lose 40 lbs. This ride has taught me how to eat right.

Losing 114 pounds!

Cathy Picture.docxI am one of those who have sat by and have read other peoples posts. I have been banded now for 2 years. It has been an amazing journey and I would do it again in a heart beat. My decision was easy with this surgery for I did my research and understood from the beginning that the lapband is becoming a distant memory. I just did not want my insides taken out or rearranged. I am saddened how so many people put this choice of lapband down. If this lapband had to come out I would just go with out and I would understand that the weight would come back. Just remember in a few years there will probably be something new. For me I have lost 45 pounds and my biggest accomplishment is I have been off of my diabetes medicine since the day out of surgery. I would read how people would wonder if they have reached the sweet spot including myself. It has taken me 2 years to find that sweet spot and you will know. I do not get hungry as much and the thought of food has dimmed. This lapband has made it so I can not overeat if I tried. I always liked seeing how much Fluid we have in our bands for some reason and for me I have a 10cc band and I received a fill last week and now have 8cc. Wow, what a diffence it has made, I have lost another 4 pounds this week. My weight loss has been slow but I am fine with that for it took me many years to put it on. I wish everyone the best on no matter what surgery you choose for we all have one goal and that is to be healthier. :rolleyes:

It helped me get my life back!

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

It made me successful for the 1st time ever on a diet. LOVE MY BAND!!

@@Julie norton...LOL thank goodness for Google girl!!!:-)