Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im soooo tired of looking!!

I have been looking for a doctor that accepts medicaid in chicago and no luck. Had an appointment on July 2nd and today they called me and canceled .. They dont even know if the hospital I was supposed to go to is going to have any info sessions any time soon, since theyre going thru a change in doctors. I am soooo depressed... Any support is appreciated.. people please talk tome.. Thanks jess..:cry

Wish I could help you more. Here is my suggestion.

Look up doctors in your area on lap-band.com. It uses your zip code.

Then call , call and call.

Good luck,

edie

They accept medicaid where I am being banded. Dr.Bonomo @ Mercy hospital in Chicago. The seminars are held on the 1st Monday and Third Tuesday of the month. Call his assistant florence at 312-567-6167 so she can put you down to attend one of the seminars and get the ball rolling.:biggrin1:

Hi Felicia... Congratulations. your almost there... Thanks for the info.. but those are the same people that cancelled my appointment for july 2nd. I wonder what is going on... Well thanks again and best wishes to you and your surgery... take care. jess

Oh,I'm sorry they cancelled your appointment. When I go to my group meeting Tuesday, I'll ask and find out what's going on. So look for a post from me Tuesday evening.

Hey Shygirl.... I went to my meeting today and found out why they cancelled the seminar. Seems that Dr.Bonomo is booked until November, however there are 2 new surgeons coming aboard. Once the new Dr's are aboard they will start the seminars again, they said it shouldn't be too much longer before they start again. So, just make sure you check back with them every so often, so that you can be the 1st one in when they start back up. Hope this info helps.

Thanks Felicia... So what process did u have to go thru... Have u been waiting for a year to get this done.. or just a few months...??? thanks again...

Did you try Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet? I see Dr. Lahmann there, the whole group is great, I'm not sure what insurance they accept or not but it's worth a call. ~Mandy

I forgot, here is the number 815-723-8571 ~Mandy

Thanks Felicia... So what process did u have to go thru... Have u been waiting for a year to get this done.. or just a few months...??? thanks again...

I attended the seminar in May & then I met with Dr. Bonomo and he gave me my surgery date that same day. The tests I had had done the following months were, the sleep study, polumanary breathing test, ekg, chest x-rays, blood work,psych, nutritionist, a few other I can't remember right now. Also you have to attend a weekly meeting every Tuesday. I know it seems like a lot, but it is so worth it. I thought July would never get here, but here my surgery date is right around the corner.

A few of the ladies there were referred from the University of Chicago, they take medicaid, but the waiting list there is 1yr to get a surgery date. So make sure you keep checking back.

Wow that is pretty good. only in 3 months time or less thats prettry good ... I will keep checking.... thanks for the info and good luck with everything Felicia.... Jessica..

I had surgery at UIC and was very unhappy there, that's why I went somewhere else for aftercare. ~Mandy

wow bummer! i can feel your frustration. dont give up. keep trying. i hope something works out for you. i went to mexico and had my band done. maybe you could look into it as an option. but dont give up. i wish you luck.......... sorry for your troubles....

I had surgery at UIC and was very unhappy there, that's why I went somewhere else for aftercare. ~Mandy

Wow piercedqt... I would think one would get top notch treatment at UIC.. What happened??? if you don't mind my asking?