Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo in your tuna salad or egg salad?

Is it possible to have any mayo in your diet when your able to eat tuna after surgery?

Thanks!!

My plan allows it and I use a little bit with both.

I eat it all the time. I eat full fat though, never the low fat.

Avocado would be an even better choice!

I use it, full fat as well but I use it sparingly.

@@Djmohr hi hun do you of you have ever tried a diet soda of it that totally out of the question?

Diet soda is a no-no!

I use light mayo and Greek plain yogurt together! Really great in the tuna! Lower fat and more Protein

Artificially Low fat products contain other stuff to make up the flavor lost with the fat, such as more sugar and/or chemicals.

Just fyi for those that might not be aware.

I use full fat mayo, it has no carbs. Check your low fat mayo's sometimes instead of fat they add sugar which means more carbs, to make it taste better. I use everything sparingly now, but fat does not make you fat. Carbs make you fat. They always have and they still will after surgery if you eat too many of them.

I am 7 years post op and I use Veganaise. It is found in the refrigerator section of the natural food dept at your local grocer. It does not have all the fat and it tastes better than mayo. It is a vegetable product and so it easily digests. They have different kinds and I use the original. I also use mustards and avocado and have even must mixed my tuna and boiled eggs together with a little salsa.

I had the long limb RNY and can't process the full fats, sadly, and my surgeon said that I couldn't eat it either. I have tried to eat the other stuff and gotten very sick trying! So, I work with what I've got! I use 1 tbs of low fat mayo and 1 tbs of Fage 0% plain yogurt, then I add onion and garlic powder and other seasonings and enjoy! It tastes great and fills me up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@@kell778 - it is on my list of approved foods for that stage, but you need to check your approved list. Please make sure it is very moist. I apparently did not and it came back up. I am scared to try it now, but I will again soon. I think it was just too early and I didn't chew well enough. It was the first thing I ate that really needed to be chewed so my fault...

I use and have always used even before surgery light miracle whip or light duke's mayo. It was what was recommended to me when I did weight watchers years ago. I never switched back. Since surgery though I tend to use a little avocado and less of my mayo of choice.

Yum, avocado!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk