Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are Toxins Affecting Your Weight Loss?

I went to see my therapist 2 days ago and she told me an interesting perspective on stalls and plateau. She went to this health conference and one person was doing a demonstration on toxins in your body and how they can affect weight loss. She said that when your body has toxins, it actually tries to protect the fat by putting a protective Water "bubble" around each fat cell, which will not allow the fat to leave!

To get rid of this toxic water you can take a 20+ minute warm bath filled with Epsom salts and green algae tablets. She said this combination literally pulls the toxins and toxic water out of your body, and remineralizes you (She also noted you can double the recommended amount of Epsom salt on the package). She told me when they tested her she had a quart and a half of toxic water surrounding her fat, while her husband who is an auto mechanic had far more! And when you take the bath you can actually see a line of yellow bile in the tub! Pretty freaking cool, and I'm going to try this sometime this week!

Please tell me if any of you try it and if/how much you lose/ if you can see a line a yellow bile!

food - just think of how many sugar free products they encourage you to eat post-op! All filled with chemicals and additives! (Or really any prepackaged food, or even vegetables grown with pesticides)

Water- most of us struggle to get in our water which could result in us storing more of it!

Stress - every time we don't lose we get stressed which is probably contributing to our smaller losses or no losses!

This sounds really unscientific to me. I wouldn't be interested unless someone can point me to scientific studies in a peer-reviewed journal supporting it.

Why am I not surprised that the link above sends people to a shady-looking website that wants to sell you expensive "detoxification training"? This sort of malarkey is always promoted by people who want to sell you something.

"The detox scam: how to spot it, how to avoid it"

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

(from the blog Science-Based Medicine

I never claimed to be a scientist or expert on the subject... just trying to share something my therapist told me about that I thought might help others. If you don't believe in it, don't do it. Simple. :rolleyes:

Also... I gave that website only to show different type of toxins... no where did I endorse their stuff.

Edited by SlimJill