Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The easy way out? Bullcrap!

Some people think having WLS is the easy way out. That is such bullcrap. I have never worked so hard at something (eating right, eating enough, making myself eat, drinking Water, working out, etc). It is no walk in the park. Certainly not the easy way out but so worth it. I really appreciate the second change at life.

I agree what ever tool you use to accomplish good health more power to you. That is not to knock this tool. I talked about losing weight for years and could not accomplish it so I have a window of opportunity before my health begins to get worse. I am choosing this method and I am confident that I will gain energy and good health.

Amen to that!! I worked very hard pre-op on dieting and I work very hard post op. The difference is now I actually get results for all that work.

Totally agree! Every single day is a challenge!

Amen to that!

Agreed. I've been on a liquid diet for over a month now. NOT.EASY.AT.ALL.

Easy way would've been dieting and just eating right. Obviously it's not that easy for us. This is definitely hard work!!! We needed this to help us achieve what we couldn't on our own. As long as we are healthy and make changes I don't think it should matter what route anyone takes!!! ????????

I'm about a month away from my medical clearance and after reading these posts, I'm having serious second doubts. Would you honestly recommend this surgery?

I'm about a month away from my medical clearance and after reading these posts, I'm having serious second doubts. Would you honestly recommend this surgery?

We all have had or are going to have the sleeve done. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and have my surgery June 23rd. I am super nervous but I am even more determined. I've weighed the pros and cons of this process and what to expect. For me, I recommend this surgery for myself and you have to make the same decision for your self.

I would definitely recommend the sleeve. It's a lot of work,but well worth it.

@@kater

I have had a very good experience with the sleeve. It's just that I think lots of people think it's the magic pill of weight loss but it's not magic. It's a tool that does make it easier to do the things that I was not able to do on my own without this tool. So pre-sleeve if I exercised, stuck to a diet etc I could only stay at it so long and in part it was due to my own doubt that it would work. I have no doubts about this so I feel confident giving it my all because I know it's going to get me where I want to go. There are some more difficult parts- liquid diet can be monotonous but it's temporary, luckily I was only on liquids for a week or two. Exercise can be daunting but I have come to really love it. Getting in Protein and Water takes an effort because we need 60-90 grams of Protein daily and at least 64 ounces of Water. It all takes an effort and as long as you are willing to make that effort I think you're going to be fine.

you better believe it!! I would still be almost 300 if not more by now not bc of unhealthy lifestyle but bc of the dxs I have..100 pds off and it has saved my life and I have my life back! Better then ever..it was worth the obstacles bad emotional roller coaster and challenges!

I was sleeved on May 6 and yes it is hard work but I finally have results. I would always give up before because the results were always so disappointing. I'm post menopausal and hypothyroid so I have the metabolism of a slug. Losing weight now just spurs

me on!! I'm so happy I had the sleeve done. What a wonderful weight loss tool.

As I keep saying. ..not the easy way out...for me..the ONLY way out. Heaven knows I tried everything.

AMEN!!!!

-RC-