Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This actually happened tonight!

I was just woke out of a deep sleep, which I don't get much of these days, by my nurse, asking me if I will give up my single room for another patient in ER right now. I was like....are you out of your effin' mind! Then as I woke up I realized what just happened...she wasn't really asking me because she's up here on the surgical floor, someone else put her up to it. *this is a nurse I really like too. So I demand to see the admin asshat that would wake a hospital patient at 3:30 AM to change hospital rooms, most likely for someone with better insurance, I mean come on what other reason could there be? Of course the Admin-Supervisor won't come to my room to talk to me, (scaredy cat) and says she'll just have to work something else out. How about, coming up to the floor, and waking a patient, to move them....YOURSELF? Now the funny thing, is that I don't even mind that they asked me. I think that could have waited until the light of day hit my ass. I have been blessed during my whole hospital stay with my own room, happy for that, and I'd love to give that to someone else, as I know I have maybe a day or two left here, tops. But come on, in the middle of the night. I'm up now, which pisses me off greatly, It takes so much to get comfortable enough when you have 6 big holes punched in your belly...it hurts anytime you move. Then to ask someone to wake me up. I know my nurse felt bad, and did not want to do that. I felt badly for her. So....complaint to come against the Admin. That Admin was stupid to mess with me, because I'll be damned if she uses a nurse that works as hard as mine does, as her little scapegoat. That's not right, you want to mess with people who go out of their way to take good care of me? You got another thing coming. I even said to my nurse, (who has been a primary care giver, I have had her every night shift, since I was admitted) does Admin not know that the internet eats these stories up? Come on! Yes, let's move a patient recovering from surgery in the middle of the night, out of their room, and into another room, and hope that's good for their recovery. All it is good for, is lining the hospital's pockets. Now I can't sleep, I'm all worked up, I'm sick to my stomach, had to request more nausea meds, and about to request a xanax so I can try to go back to sleep. Thanks asshat admin!

Definitely write a letter!!

This sounds strange! When I was in the hospital for 2 days after surgery, I was up every 2 hours walking the halls. I did not get very much sleep but it really promoted my rapid recovery.

that sucks!! glad u kept your room.

Are you suppose to get up every 2 hrs to walk? That's what I did! I was tired but nurse woke me up and let me walk. There was a men in the next room very uncomfortable who was screaming and kicking all night! What you going to do? Nothing, get better and go home so you can rest.

Were you paying for a private or semi private room?

@@bangbangbarbie No you aren't sorry, or you wouldn't have said it. Be mindful that you aren't mirroring. :) Your post brings even less value.

The bariatric patients here are required to walk a specified amount 5 times a day. We are expected to rest at night, and even televisions are to be turned off after 11pm. Part of recovering from surgery is actually sleeping.

Oh, and the admin that did that, I didn't even have to say a word, she got herself in trouble, word spread quickly.

To bangbangBarbie; A pt has a right to be respected. This reaction was neither spoiled nor bratty and this forum is for ANY kind of concern pertinent to our experiences. Support is what we should be sharing; not judgement.

@@rte837 Thanks :)

Wow! Not that you should give up your room but why oh why couldn't that wait till a reasonable hour?! Smdh

That was exactly what I thought, I would have given up my room, no problem, at a reasonable hour. lol

Are you at home now how are you doing?

I get to go home tomorrow! Wednesday. Exactly one week later. lol

I never planned for this kind of stay, but I was taken care of well, and I am hoping all the things that could go wrong, have gone wrong, and I'm due for some healing and better days ahead. :)

No regrets. Even despite all the mishaps and stuff I've been through. I'm still very glad I had it done. I hope everyone who's just had surgery is doing well too!

That's the spirit. I know my mantra is this too shall pass. It ll all be put behind us eventually. Glad they are taking good care of ya!