Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

I bought a little size 12 black dress yesterday. However, I don't know that even at 135 it would fit due to bustial issues but there is hope!! The hope is hanging in my closet before any other clothes!

Eee, it was over by 10am and now I'm home again. Omg I feel a bit sore and sleeping's a pain, and I am so sleepy. XD The first thing I heard and did when I woke was throw up, I heard them saying 'she's throwing up again.' Lovely. >_<

But feeling better now.

HELLO ONE AND ALL,:whoo:

I TOO AM FINALLY SCHEDULED FOR AUG. 20TH, 2007. WOW, WHAT A RIDE IT TOOK TO GET THIS FAR. TRULY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT PART OF MY RIDE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.... I HAVE BEEN POSTING ON THE JULY BANDERS, BUT JUST FOUND OUT MY DATE IS IN AUG.. SO I AM SO BLESSED TO FIND THIS THREAD TO START POSTING ON.. CAN ANYONE THINK OF A CUTE NAME FOR US BANDERS IN AUG? ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO JAZZ UP THE PRE-OP DIET WHICH I WILL START ON AUG 10TH? IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CHAT VIA EMAIL, MY EMAIL IS awesometwo@sbcglobal.net I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE ON OUR UPS, DOWNS, SET BACK AND KOODOOS. GOOD LUCK TO EACH OF YOU AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL REAL SOON.:clap2::)

Eee, it was over by 10am and now I'm home again. Omg I feel a bit sore and sleeping's a pain, and I am so sleepy. XD The first thing I heard and did when I woke was throw up, I heard them saying 'she's throwing up again.' Lovely. >_<

But feeling better now.

BUT YOU DID IT! Congrats....

get that rest for now it will hep with pain and soreness!

HELLO ONE AND ALL,:whoo:

I TOO AM FINALLY SCHEDULED FOR AUG. 20TH, 2007. WOW, WHAT A RIDE IT TOOK TO GET THIS FAR. TRULY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT PART OF MY RIDE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.... I HAVE BEEN POSTING ON THE JULY BANDERS, BUT JUST FOUND OUT MY DATE IS IN AUG.. SO I AM SO BLESSED TO FIND THIS THREAD TO START POSTING ON.. CAN ANYONE THINK OF A CUTE NAME FOR US BANDERS IN AUG? ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO JAZZ UP THE PRE-OP DIET WHICH I WILL START ON AUG 10TH? IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CHAT VIA EMAIL, MY EMAIL IS awesometwo@sbcglobal.net I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE ON OUR UPS, DOWNS, SET BACK AND KOODOOS. GOOD LUCK TO EACH OF YOU AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL REAL SOON.:clap2::)

My best advice for the diet... make your own Protein Shakes. I like the chocolate whey... add different flavors (especially with plain Protein powder). My doc had me get imitiation flavors (just like buying vanilla for baking) and start mixing. I will type up and email you the recipes from my doc.. .he lets me make shakes with diet sodas or diet drinks... I even mix one up with a sugar free mocha coffee mix... yummy!

as for names... I beleive the group is already called the Crazy Ates....

My surgery was yesterday and all went well. I did have a problem going to the bathroom. They wouldn't let me leave until I did. I sat on the pot and ran Water on my hand (same thing I did when I was potty training my girls) but nothing worked. Soooooo, they had to catherize me. I think that was the worst part of the whole day.

I arrived at 7 and I was home by 12.

I am feeling great. A little sore and I think I have a gas bubble that bothers me, but all in all no complaints. I had a bowl of Malt O Meal for Breakfast and some Tomato Bisque Soup for lunch. I don't feel any different except for the sorness.

It's great to be a full fledged member of the Band World.

Good luck to you on this journey.:whoo:

Nancy

My surgery was yesterday and all went well. I did have a problem going to the bathroom. They wouldn't let me leave until I did. I sat on the pot and ran Water on my hand (same thing I did when I was potty training my girls) but nothing worked. Soooooo, they had to catherize me. I think that was the worst part of the whole day.

I arrived at 7 and I was home by 12.

I am feeling great. A little sore and I think I have a gas bubble that bothers me, but all in all no complaints. I had a bowl of Malt O Meal for breakfast and some Tomato Bisque Soup for lunch. I don't feel any different except for the sorness.

It's great to be a full fledged member of the Band World.

Good luck to you on this journey.:whoo:

Nancy

Sounds very encouraging... get some rest so that you aren't hurting. Good luck!

August 6th

It so interesting reading the way different Doc handle it. I have to be in the Hospital overnight. 23 hrs. My surgery is 8am so i have to book in 6am! means i will have to leave the house at 5am up at say 4.15am!

Yikes.

When ever i travel for work and have to cach a early flight getting up at 3 am or 4am always makes me feel sick and quessy. Hope not this time.

Sounds like our already-banded August Crazy Ates are doing well! Wow....you did it! I mean, you really did it!!!! Congratulations, good luck and all that good stuff!

Wow....you both did the outpatient thing. You are my heroes!!!

Thanks for checking in to let us know you're doing okay....! Hopefully each day you'll be closer to feeling better!!! Looking forward to hearing about everything!!!!! As for the throwing up.....doesn't sound pleasant. So sorry to hear about that. And, of course, the cathedar thing doesn't sound real fun either. But, you're a trooper! Seems like if you can get through those things, you can do anything!!!

I'll keep thinking happy thoughts for you!!!! Onward!!!

After nine horrible months of testing, I finally have a date! I had low Iron, so instead of telling me I could take 2 iron tablets with Vitamin C to help absorbtion.... they kept sticking cameras in places that cameras out not be placed! :) At least I know I'm super healthy inside.

Anyway, now I'm on Optifast for 4 weeks. How come I'm the only one on it this long? Yum :hungry:

Good luck to those of you having your surgery before me..... um..... I guess that would be all of you!

btw My surgeon is Dr. Zoe Deol in Troy, Mich.

Is there anyway to make a calendar that shows who is being banded which date so we can keep up with everyone??? I know that sometimes people get left out, not on purpose, but we all need support, or we wouldn't be doing this. I am not a computer expert, but some sort of ticker or calendar we can all look at and keep up??????

Marilyn:confused::)