Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At what stage were you all comfortable with soft scrambled eggs? What foods 2 weeks out of surgery were the easiest during this time? Any good ideas?

I ate eggs at about 3 weeks post because I had 3 days of clears, two weeks of thickened ect.. My advice would be start slow to see how your sleeve handles it. Also add a little Milk into your eggs when you beat them. It makes them softer, more fluffy and easier on your sleeve.@@melhach

@@khiragibson I'm sorry I didn't/don't have that issue because I don't have hunger anymore. I know I just got sick of the liquids and slow moving process of the post op but I just did what I was told to do. What is your diet right now? I can tell you what I was eating at that stage if you tell Me what your allowed.

I had eggs on day 5. My doc has you on purée before you leave the hospital. Some days I feel like I'll vomit if I have another bite of eggs but they are a Protein lifesaver. Stick with the whites or don't eat real eggs every day Bc of the cholesterol and fat contents (according to my NUT).

I was sleeved on 2-25 I tried scrambled eggs today and it went great but I couldn't finish a full egg lol it was more like 6 pieces of the egg and little ones at that and I felt like I had eaten a huge meal

Edited by melhach

I tried a soft scrambled at about 3 wks i took 1 or 2 baby bites an it was too heavy for me..i stayed with shakes an Soups for several months. I couldnt handle heavy foods for months. I am 8 months an i still do well to get half down an im done.

At what stage were you all comfortable with soft scrambled eggs? What foods 2 weeks out of surgery were the easiest during this time? Any good ideas?

I had eggs at 2 weeks post op. I was allowed eggs once I hit purees. I made them really soft, almost custard like. I added a tiny bit of greek yogurt and some shredded cheese and cooked them really slow, constantly stirring. They were divine! it took me an hour to eat them, but man was I happy not to be having a liquid meal.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I had eggs on day 5. My doc has you on purée before you leave the hospital. Some days I feel like I'll vomit if I have another bite of eggs but they are a Protein lifesaver. Stick with the whites or don't eat real eggs every day Bc of the cholesterol and fat contents (according to my NUT).

The cholesterol myth is more based on genetics. Most of the good stuff is in the yolk. Unless you have a family history of high cholesterol, eat the whole egg.

Hi I got sleeved in 2/18/15 I am having a hard time with stayin on my diet I just want to eat regular food so bad what helps to ease the cravings?

Nothing really eases the cravings. You need to work out what you can and cannot eat with your nutritionist. It is counterproductive to return to your old eating habits. Just hang in there as you progress through the stages.

1 week.

I do two eggs over easy with a 1/4 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese. Works out to 18 grams of Protein and it sits well with me.

One poached egg at 2 weeks... Tasted so good.

Hi I got sleeved in 2/18/15 I am having a hard time with stayin on my diet I just want to eat regular food so bad what helps to ease the cravings?

I was also sleeved on 2-18 and am having the same problem. I ate deer meat that was chopped to death almost to a powder form, put some gravy on it and didn't have a problem. Did the same thing the next day and it gave me a slight pain. The HMR shakes are starting to make me nauseous. I know I need to be patient but cravings are terrible!

1 week.

I do two eggs over easy with a 1/4 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese. Works out to 18 grams of Protein and it sits well with me.

I know I'm late in this post but this sounds so good! I'm 8 days post-op and plan on trying eggs in about 4 days or so. Were you eating the over easy from the beginning with the cheese or did you try scrambled first? I ask because ive always eaten over easy eggs almost pureed all my life so that would be divine!

Omg-thank you for this post. I was sleeved 2/26 and was allowed soft eggs four days ago. I haven't tried them yet. SCARED...I have had yogurt and pudding and mashed potatoes. Who would've thought it would take 20+ minutes to eat less than half a cup?

I'm thinking of having a soft scrambled egg tomorrow made with a bit of Siddi yogurt (23 grams of Protein in 1cup, no fat). Oh how yummy.