Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When to consider tummy tuck

My surgery comes with a bonus Tummy Tuck. I was told 1 year or 100 lbs.

It's almost 10 months and I've lost 112 lbs.

I look much smaller than I actually am it's just this butt in the front dropping loose skin of a stomach. I could wear 2 sizes smaller if it was gone.

I am probably going to lose another 40-50 lbs. I'm active.

Should I wait to goal or look into getting scheduled? It would be a definite morale boost and incentive.

I had this issue as well because I had a goal of 129 or 119 (still deciding on that) but I was stuck at 157 before plastic surgery. My understanding is that the general rule is to be within 15% of your goal weight. I have since lost 27 pounds and my abdominoplasty still looks fine, although if I lose much more my new boobs might be a little saggy, lol.

You will love your new stomach though- I still prance around naked in front of the mirror admiring my flat tummy, lol.

I had this issue as well because I had a goal of 129 or 119 (still deciding on that) but I was stuck at 157 before plastic surgery. My understanding is that the general rule is to be within 15% of your goal weight. I have since lost 27 pounds and my abdominoplasty still looks fine, although if I lose much more my new boobs might be a little saggy, lol.

You will love your new stomach though- I still prance around naked in front of the mirror admiring my flat tummy, lol.

I'm going to give my surgery center a call Tommorow and see what they think. I have (had) very big arms, I can deal with the loose skin there. But just the whole tummy thing drives me crazy! I'd look SO different with it removed. Do you mind me asking how many lbs they removed from your tummy? Thank you for your input! I appreciate it!!!

The more abdominal fat you can lose first, the better your results will be. I would suggest you wait until you are closer to your goal weight.

@kimpossible67 I don't know how many pounds were removed from my stomach. I had my first consult at 157 but when into the morning of surgery at 153. When I came back home that afternoon I was 160 from all of the Fluid, and then I finally settled at 147 about a week later. That being said, I also have 2 pounds of new boobs added, so when you factor in the fact that I didn't eat much for a few days, I would not imagine they removed maybe more than a pound or two, if that. I also had Lipo on my lower back, hips, and thighs done at the same time, so it's a total guess on how much was ultimatley removed during the abdominoplasty.

Edited by AvaFern

I called and they said I'm not eligible until I'm a year post op. That will be in April so I'll be closer to goal by then. Lol, I thought my stomach was bad until I took a peek at my backside. Yikes!

Have you checked out the Realself website? It's a forum full of people who have had different plastic surgery procedures and post their pictures before, during and after. It was after consulting that website that finally convinced me I had to be patient if I wanted to achieve the best results. There are several people on there who have had tummy tucks with still a significant amount of belly fat. In my opinion, the results are not something I would be happy with. It also takes time for your skin to adjust... And believe it on not, it will shrink some! My stomach initially looked horrific and now that I am within 5-15 pounds of my end goal, I'm amazing how flat it's become and how much the skin has shrank. At times I even debate if it would be worth having that massive 10-12" scar a Tummy Tuck would leave behind. My plan is to get to goal weight and maintain it for a year. I have seen a few posts on BP from people who had plastics and then had to have revisions because their weight fluctuated. I think most, if not all surgeons recommend you be at a stable weight for at least a year.

Edited by Bluesea71

I had gastric bypass nearly 2 years now and lost 125 lbs. I am having pannulectomy and abdominoplasty and diastis tightning. My weight is stable for 6 months now . Would like to loss another 10 to 15 lbs wiil get there with this surgery ... I ' m guessing. How long did it take for you to feel better after your surgery? I interested in learning about hoe you manager the pain after surger!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App