Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for southern New Jersey February surgery dates for support

Trying to find people in my area for support since I am pretty much doing this alone.

Hi! I'm in South Jersey, near Cherry Hill. Waiting for my date, hoping for late Feb. Having it done at Penn. How about you?

Hi! I'm in South Jersey, near Cherry Hill. Waiting for my date, hoping for late Feb. Having it done at Penn. How about you?

Hi - i am south Jersey (between C.Barry Bridge & Del Memorial Bridge) had surgery Dec 11, 2013 (little over a year ago)

Hi I am in Ocean County, had surgery 1/29.

Edited by svelija

Having mine done at Inspira in Vineland. Any words wisdom or advice. I have a week left and I am struggling with pre-op

I live outside of hammonton

Pre-op was rough on me too, but I just did the best I could to stick to it. I an a week post op now, and I have no regrets. I just can't wait till I can easy something other than yogurt. I know everyone says it, but it matters.... after surgery hydrate and walk is the most important thing. It must be hard to be doing this alone. I have semi young kids and my hubby who are trying to be supportive, but they don't fully get it. Good luck let me know if you have specific questions... keep moving forward we can do this!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Krestel

OMG! I dreamt of cake!!
      As of late, my dreams have been food obsessed. Last night I dreamed of gorging on good old American sheet cake with chocolate frosting. There was white frosting as well. Good thing we can't get that in Sweden! I just hope that I haven't become too engrossed in food. BUT they are only dreams after all.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

3 days post op and I want to go to the movies to see The Lion King... #slowdown
      · 10 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

That's wonderful! I have trouble sitting still in the movies now. (I even fidgeted through the last John Wick, and it was awesome) I can't imagine sitting still this soon after surgery. More power to ya! Have fun!

2. gabybab

Fun! Why not?

3. GreenTealael

Ok i didnt make it to the movies... i was far to worn out after household things 😞

4. Krestel

Awww

5. VANILLASUCKS

I went 5 days post op to the movies :)

6. View All Replies
    • allwet

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(19)30834-4
      this one is interesting but a tough slog to get thru
      this review is easier to understand
      https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/07/weight-loss-rage-proteins/594073/
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

It will be interesting to watch as this theory develops. Thanks for posting!

• Jobber

Feel like it's time for a status update, I haven't been on here regularly in a while and I need to keep my mindset focused on my goals.
      I haven't weighed myself in ~ 3 weeks.  I think I'm becoming the opposite of "obsessive" about tracking my progress and it could cause me some issues.  The good thing is that there have still been quite a number of NSV's happening that is telling me that I'm still progressing without knowing what the scale says.
      First one is that a belt I bought about 5 weeks ago because all my other belts were too big is also on the last hole so I'll have to buy yet another belt again.  second, I bought new jeans about a month ago and I have a lot more slack in the waist than I did when I purchased them.  I also boarded a plane and had about 8 inches of slack in the belt.  Finally, I hit my goal last week of being able to ride go-carts with my kids.  The last time I tried about 4 years ago, I had to leave because I couldn't fit in the harness.  This was sweet victory and I showed those two how it was done on the race course!!  😈
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

Congrats!!!

• Krestel

I just looked through all my old pants after my pre-op pants started getting to big. Keep in mind that I wear men's pants (usually cargos) because I am so tall 5'10"/5'11" ish. I also find that men's baggies tend to fit me better.
      I started out at a 44 in waist pant and quickly found that I was back down to my 42's. So even when thise got to be too big, I had to start pulling old clothes out of storage. After finding my 38's, I thought that these would not yet fit, but when I tried them on, they fit perfectly. I also found some older pants that now fit better than I remembered. What a relief! It's not like I can pop down to the store like I could do in the US and the styles here in Sweden are all skinnt jeans which I cant stand. I also found some 36's, but I'm not mentally ready to try those on yet. The biggest challenge will be buying women's clothing again. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs