Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months out and stalled...

So I had VSG back in August and Im down 50 pounds. Im VERY happy with my loss but I havent lossed an ounce in almost 4 weeks. Im getting worried that this is it for me. AND im really worried that I can eat so much already. I went to my surgeon for a check up last week and she was happy with my progress and shrugged off my concern saying that I should be able to eat more now.. its normal.. .my weight loss is great... etc. But then she said that at 5 months out, I should be eating about 800 calories. WHAT? I know Im eating more than that...more like 1000-1200.

I just cant see how to only get 800 calories in while reaching my Protein goals and eating more than rice cakes. I eat a lot of salads with chicken (can eat about half of a grilled chicken salad at El Pollo loco), Protein drinks, lean meats (3oz) and veggies, etc.

I also work out 2-3 times a week (so far...) and see a personal trainer.

Im starting to think that Im not going to lose anymore.

Has anyone else stalled at this point? How long did that last?

This is were I have always stopped losing, then I get discouraged and I gain it all back and then some, obviously im panicking that Its going to happen again :( I can never get under the 200 mark.

Do you keep a food log? Do you supplement with Protein shakes or bars? Are you getting in your Water? The good news is you will likely continue to lose. The bad news is stalls are fairly common. Your body needs a minute to re-calibrate and adjust to all the changes happening in a relatively short period of time. You can try putting the scale away and taking your measurements instead.

Does your nutritionist want your to cut back on calories? I am 4 mths out and avg around 800 - 850 calories a day. I workout 4-5 days a week mostly in classes. Occasionally I have a day where I go higher because I'm hungry.

A Weght Watchers leader who had lost 150+ pounds told me what she did for stalls. She said that the body likes things to be the same so "change things up." This may be by doing a week or 2 straight vegan or perhaps doing a week of the pre-op diet. For people who are not active, it might be adding an exercise routine. By changing this up, it jump starts the weight loss. I have found this to work. For me, when things stop for a couple of weeks, I do 1 - 2 days of H20 and Protein and that gets me losing again. Don't lose heart! You can do this!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches