Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I go to the gym 4 to 5 times weekly and it never fails that I get tapped on the shoulder and be told "I like bigger girls and so on with some smart remark." It is driving me crazy! It's not by the same guy either.... Anyone else have this problem? Dude I'm at the gym trying not to be a bigger girl!!!!

I would report them to the management!

Most gyms have rules about proper conduct when there. I go to the YMCA and they have rules posted in the gym area, also they have trainers there that you can report this kind of behavior to. There is no reason to put up with this. I would make a complaint to management. Most people that go to gyms are there to stay healthy and this kind of crap make the rest of us look bad.

I agree this behavior is unacceptable , speak with the gum management , good luck don't let these eggheads ruin your gym time .

My dream is to open a boutique style all woman's gym. For this exact reason. We all need a private place where we can work out and not feel eyes on us!!! Yucky

@@bellabloom I used to go to just such a gym, "Naturally Women" -- it closed several years ago, unfortunately --

My dream is to open a boutique style all woman's gym. For this exact reason. We all need a private place where we can work out and not feel eyes on us!!! Yucky

That would be amazing if they had one here. I don't care if you like big girls or not. I'm not here for hook ups or even be told that. Point is I am trying my hardest to lose weight and be happy. It completely ruins the experience and I leave early sometimes bc of it.

I've had guys come up to me and be like "girrrrrl, your thick!!!" Hahaha. There is a certain type of guy that likes big women and there is a guy that likes skeletal woman. I need something in the middle.

It can be horrible to have that sort of attention focused on you. One time I was wearing my gym stretch pants and grocery shopping at food for less. This crazy guy started following me, staring at my butt. He started masterbating and following me around!!! I had to call security and I confronted him and cussed him out.

The clothes we wear to work out in are very tight and there is a lot of jiggling and stretching etc. it's just not for everyone to have it be combined sexes.

Lol, some men should just put blinders on in the gym! I have a hilarious story from a creepy man at the gym.

I was doing some strength training exercise and wearing a pair of capris and a v-neck t-shirt. I am VERY busty and always have been. I am also usually pretty oblivious and naive. So I was finishing up on the weight machine when this older man (mid 60's) is on the recumbent bike in the row behind me, almost kitty corner from me. Per normal gym rules, you have to spray down and then wipe down equipment when you are done using it. So I am wiping down the seat and handles next to the seat and am bent over at the waist facing the back of the gym. Out of the corner of my eye, I see this man fall off the recumbent bike and gets his foot caught on the pedal as he falls. I immediately rush over and ask if he is ok and he is beet red. He tells me no, he is ok. I look up and see this teenage guy in the back corner laughing so hard, he is crying. I give the young guy a dirty look and can't believe he is laughing at this poor old man who fell. The older guy tells me he is fine, just embarrassed. I go on and continue my workout and notice the old guy left. As I am doing my cool down on the treadmill, the young guy jumps on the treadmill next to me. He asks me if I know how the older man fell and I said he just fell. He starts chuckling and said no, it wasn't that simple. So he tells me the old guy was trying to stand on the pedals of the recumbent bike while continuing to pedal so he could look down my shirt. I am flabbergasted because I totally did not see that coming. I guess that explains why he was so embarrased when I asked if he was ok. LOL, karma really pays some of those guys back who take creepy to a level it shouldn't be at in the gym!

Faith I would tell the manager or atleast closest worker about them. They might already have complaints against them. You are there to work out not to get hit on/harassed.

Hysterical! - about the man falling off his bike!

Edited by aelovelady

So, I go to the gym 4 to 5 times weekly and it never fails that I get tapped on the shoulder and be told "I like bigger girls and so on with some smart remark." It is driving me crazy! It's not by the same guy either.... Anyone else have this problem? Dude I'm at the gym trying not to be a bigger girl!!!!

"Oh! And I like bigger packages." With an full body glance, a crotch linger and a slow smile.

Yes, I sure would say it.

Lol, some men should just put blinders on in the gym! I have a hilarious story from a creepy man at the gym.

I was doing some strength training exercise and wearing a pair of capris and a v-neck t-shirt. I am VERY busty and always have been. I am also usually pretty oblivious and naive. So I was finishing up on the weight machine when this older man (mid 60's) is on the recumbent bike in the row behind me, almost kitty corner from me. Per normal gym rules, you have to spray down and then wipe down equipment when you are done using it. So I am wiping down the seat and handles next to the seat and am bent over at the waist facing the back of the gym. Out of the corner of my eye, I see this man fall off the recumbent bike and gets his foot caught on the pedal as he falls. I immediately rush over and ask if he is ok and he is beet red. He tells me no, he is ok. I look up and see this teenage guy in the back corner laughing so hard, he is crying. I give the young guy a dirty look and can't believe he is laughing at this poor old man who fell. The older guy tells me he is fine, just embarrassed. I go on and continue my workout and notice the old guy left. As I am doing my cool down on the treadmill, the young guy jumps on the treadmill next to me. He asks me if I know how the older man fell and I said he just fell. He starts chuckling and said no, it wasn't that simple. So he tells me the old guy was trying to stand on the pedals of the recumbent bike while continuing to pedal so he could look down my shirt. I am flabbergasted because I totally did not see that coming. I guess that explains why he was so embarrased when I asked if he was ok. LOL, karma really pays some of those guys back who take creepy to a level it shouldn't be at in the gym!

Now that is funny! But also karma!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. God, I'm a male and have done just as bad as what you say. I'm been thinking about this topic for a few days and what I would say to you. I think telling the person up front will stop it from happening again from that person. But then it'll probably happen again from someone else. Telling management will get the same results. There should be separate gyms for males and females but we can't all have access to them. You shouldn't have to change your routine because of some weirdo but if you went at a different time when there was a lower cliental or perhaps you could have a buddy with you. We males are asses sometimes.

Edited by catdaddy