Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications and NSV's

Hello! I should be getting sleeved by mid-March. I am excited and nervous. Can some of you please share two things with me:

1. What (if any) complications did you have and were they remedied?

2. Any NSV's you have had and about how long into the process you had them?

There are SO many answers to both of those questions. May I suggest you visit the complications subforum and/or do a search for "leaks" "infection" "complications" "stricture" "GERD" "ER", etc. As for the second question, do a search for "NSV" and you will find several long threads with dozens of examples.

As for me, 1) no complications

2) starting a couple weeks out to the present, here are a few of my NSV's....My rings fit (then got too big). Had to buy a new saddle to fit my tiny butt. My horse is happy. Can wear tall boots. Went from size 22 relaxed fit stretch jeans to 5/6 skinny jeans and I can shop in regular stores for clothes. I feel GREAT and haven't taken any pain Meds or NSAIDS since surgery. My BP is normal. I have no nutritional deficiencies. My feet don't hurt, my knees don't hurt, I can can wear skinny leggings (and they look good). First normal PAP in 7 years (healthy diet boosted immune system and cleared my HPV infection), Everything I do is so easy now.....climbing stairs, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, riding bike. I can fit in an airplane seat with room to spare. I can cross my legs and sit Indian style. My true weight is 50 pounds less than what my drivers license says. Shaving my legs (and other parts) takes a lot less time. My grocery bill and restaurant tabs are a fraction of what they used to be.

Edited by Kindle

I was sleeved on 10/27/14

No complications to speak of. I was amazed at how well everything went. If I had to pick something it would be 5 days after surgery I tried a shake that did NOT agree with me. Not really a complication but it knocked me down the whole day and I remember how bad I felt. :(

I will be 3 months post op on Monday and the NSV's I have had so far are great!!

- I was in a very tight size 28 jean, I am now wearing size 20 skinny jeans and loving it

- bought my first pair of tall black boots and have been wearing them with my skinnies and leggings :o :D

- I still squeal out loud everytime I slide into a booth and there is between 3-5 inches of space

- I now have choices in what footwear I will wear each day, instead of just my flip flops

- the energy I have is amazing, no more sleeping in till the afternoon time, when I wake up I get up

- I rode my bike for the first time since we moved it out here 12 years ago

- I can get my wedding rings on normally now, no more having to put lotion on my hands to get them on

- my 15 yr old daughter can get her arms all the way around me to hug me :)

- I am looking forward to our vacation in March able to fit in the plane seat with no extender, and decide what rides I want to go on, not just what ones will I fit on

These are just a few that I can think of right now. I cannot imagine what my list will look like as I lose more weight. I know that I am at a weight right now that a lot of people start their journey at, but my starting weight was 314.8 with my highest ever being 324.

Good luck with your journey marbelvsg, follow your docs orders, get your Protein in and drink your liquids and you will do o great!!