Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd day post op I am home now! Yay although all I find myself doing is crying?!?! Anyone else have an emotional breakdown after surgery?

Hello and Congrats!! My surgery date was 12/17 ..Yes I had two about a week post op! You will be fine hun! Just remember you need that liquid so don't cry to much! It's tough but you can do this!!! You will see once the weight start melting you will see the worth!!

Awe don't cry! What are you so sad about? The first days can be miserable but everyday get easier! Chin up buttercup! @@Brandie Harris

The results of anesthesia and major surgery can cause all sorts of chemical changes in your body and those chemical changes often effect your emotions. It's perfectly normal. Once you have flushed out all that crap you will start to feel human again. Just be diligent with your hydration, Vitamins, and Protein. Your body (and mind) will thank you :) xoxo

Don't forget, you just came through a very stressful surgery, mostly on the emotional front. Sure, it is stressful on the body, as well, but a lot of people are afraid of surgery (not saying you are or aren't) but there is always that little uncertainty that goes with it. Now, as a lot of folks know, I've had 21 surgeries. This one was the least painful for me physically, but the most emotional by far! I cried several times afterwards, and was also very irate at a very loving and caring husband who just happened to be hovering too much (I guess his past surgical experiences with me caused this!), and was just hyper-sensitive about everything. That has passed, and now I cry because I can't believe I am finally going to achieve something I NEVER thought I would be able to do-be thinner and healthier and diabetes-free. I'm already diabetes-free, according to my doctor, and I'm thinner, and I'm healthier. It is such an emotional ride! Wow, huh?!! I consider it ALL JOY!! Happy on, now...

I am the same :) i cried day 1 post op and cried heaps on day 2 when I got home... cried on Christmas day 6 post op and just cried before... day 12 post op! Since surgery the tears have been of sadness or frustration - stuff like that. I know down the track those feeling won't be as frequent ... but at the moment its still so fresh! I think fatigue is part of it as well. No energy is a bummer!

Just keep trucking :) we will get there in the end!

Ohhhhh heck yeah. By the 3rd and 4th day after surgery, I was crying so much it was killing me. I ended up talking for hours to one of my friends who had the surgery. She made me feel better and told me it was normal to feel this way.

I wanted to put up my Chirstmas decorations and I would move aund for about 2 minutes, and then have to sit down to catch my breath. No one ever told me during my pre-op that this was going to happen.

I make sure I tell everyone what really goes on. Don't worry, it will go away. Walking helped me.

Annamarie.

I am almost 6 months post op and I cried on and off for the first 2 weeks after surgery. I went through so many emotions! I was angry at myself for letting myself get so heavy, I was sad because I had to give up certain foods, I was happy I made this decision, so on and so on. Everything you are feeling is normal! It gets better, I promise! Keep your head up and stay focused. You are doing great! ????

Nope. Didn't cry.

But obviously ^^^ some people do cry.

However, anyone who thinks that THEIR experience (no matter what it was) is THE universal experience everyone else had or that everyone else will have should take notice that ... no, it ain't.

VSG patients have many different post-surgical reactions and recovery experiences. It's kind of like menopause. You get what you get for as long as you get it. And then, eventually, it's over.

My hormones were all over the place. I had surgery on 12/12/14 and I swear I cried almost every day for 2 weeks, then finally it stopped. This too shall pass.

I admit I got scared a lot after surgery and I thought about it and said well is not like I can go back and reverse it. I had to try hard not to freak out. I just had to keep telling myself everything was going to be okay.

I ended up breaking down twice. I took a xanax, gathered my thoughts, calmed down and made it past it.

Now I'm in a 3 month stall and disappointed every week I go to the doctor. I know it'll pass. My size 34 pants don't fit anymore.

I cry a couple times a day since I had my surgery on 12/30. I'm not sure if it's regrets or how bad I want pizza or maybe the fact that I had my period for my surgery. That was not fun! Well, it will pass :)

Synthesis of fat cells releases estrogen. For a few weeks after surgery I felt like I was going through puberty again. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch Bridges over Madison County or fight my dad. It passes pretty quickly.

I am 18 days post op and I still find myself pretty emotional. Some days I am fine, some I don't want to talk to anyone, and some I cry for no reason. I'm not sure why my hormones are crazy.

I'm so glad I found this post. I'm 3 weeks out and I feel like a emotional wreck I don't know if I'm mad/happy/sad. It changes with the mins. It seems like. I can be watching ncis and cry for no reason. Be talking to my husband then get mad and not know why. Then I'm good. I told him it was worse then being prego for me with the hormones all over the place.