Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post. whey Protein shakes make me want to vomit. Every time. Can't stand smell.

I'm not getting my Protein in and I've still got a week on full liquid. Has anyone had better success with protein gels? If so which brands? TIA

Google Muscle gel or ISO 20, FrogFuel, etc. there usually whey Protein in a gel that's only about 4 ounces to choke down instead of a big shake. It comes in a little envelope

Edited by altraoiche

I am drinking Isopure clear drinks. It is 40g of Protein in 20oz. I drink it all day but at least I am getting my protein in. I am tired of my shakes, they are way to sweet.

I've never heard of the gels but I do like the Isopure drinks... i like the Apple melon one the best. .. the pineapple one an the grape one is cool too but not diging.. the other flavors. .. they are pricy but the fact i only sip on one all day is pretty good.... idk about a gel idk if it's too much protien at once cuz I've heard ur body can only absorbed so much at once... so does not matter how much ur takin it will expelled what it can't take at the time there for wasting $$

I want to try the Isopure drinks. I'm still only 2 weeks post op and my shakes are very blah. Think it's because I haven't eaten "real food" for so long it feels like. But if I don't do shakes I don't get all my Protein in ....maybe the isopure drinks are a good compromise.

I would say start with the green one apple melon... it doesn't have an after taste an seems 2 be the best I've had so far. .. @@ShannonbKSU

I had Pro-Stat while in the hospital. It's gushy and gel-y, kind of the consistency of what's inside a Gusher candy. It was 15 grams of Protein in one ounce. Even the one ounce was hard for me to get down the first few days (we took some home) I think because it was too heavy. Or maybe my body didn't like it. But I was also having really bad acid reflux and gas so I also could have been misinterpreting. I don't know LOL

Here's the website- http://www.pro-stat.com/

I had the citrus blast and grape in the hospital. I liked the grape a hell of a lot better than the citrus. Both can be mixed into lemonade or juice but the flavor over-takes the flavor of the juice/lemonade so there's no point, really. But yeah, that's my experience with it! I don't plan to buy it in the near future but it's definitely interesting!

Edited by MrsMurky721