Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipe Help!

At my next post op bariatric support group meeting we are having a cook-off. We have to make a post op high Protein soft diet dessert. Any ideas?

Protein pudding! But I have a feeling your going to see a LOT of it there :)

I don't have any first-hand experience or recommendations, but Pinterest has lots of very interesting recipes that I want to try someday.

Search vsg or sleeve or bariatric and soft desert.

Let us know what you decide to make. Sounds like fun.

Edited by Inner Surfer Girl

I am hoping it is fun. I will definitely check put pintrest. Maybe I can come up with a fun twist to a Protein pudding. I am hoping my family will be willing to taste all my trials and my errors. LOL

We are doing a Bariatric Pot Luck next week with our group too...I am making spaghetti squash bake...

You can also get awesome recipes from TheWorldAccordingToEggface.com

Have fun...and SHARE

I make this once in awhile and you might want to practice with a consistency that suits you.

I stir up a stiff batch of Peanut Butter and chocolate Protein powder and roll it into balls about the size of a walnut and refrigerate separated on a tray before you store them in the freezer or fridge. If you are familiar with buckeyes, that is kinda what they look like.

I suppose you could add cream cheese or a flavored Torani Syrup or dark choclate chips to jazz it up. I can eat one and be full enough. For people who are far enough along and can tolerate nuts, you could add chopped nuts to the mixture. Have fun experimenting.

My addiction therapist does that with PB2 (chocolate) @Miss Mac... time to break out the bottles and finally TRY it...she mixes in Hazelnut Torani Syrup for a nutella flavor

Presentation! Get some doilies or do the squiggly sauce thing on the serving plate -- you get the idea. Our eyes make things taste yummy.

I'm not a dessert maker but to me high Protein = eggs. What about some eggy chocolate yumminess? Me, I'll have the cheese course, lol.

Have fun!

I like the idea of the Protein balls.... I can't wait to experiment over the weekend.

SF/FF cheesecake flavored pudding

Softened Cream cheese

SF Cool Whip

Folded all together and layered

in individual parfait glasses with Blueberries and Strawberries

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches