Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help, im gaining, and im feeling down

Imim gaining weight, im not sure why, i an trying to get back on track but iys hard. I fought so hard to lose and now im feeling defeated. gain

Well, you stated you don't know why you are gaining and you also stated you are trying yo get back on track. So, you probably do know why you are gaining. Now just work on the getting back on track part. Get a nutritionist maybe, and get some help with an eating plan. Or go back to the basics and treat your sleeve like you just got it. Don't let depression set in while you do nothing. You will most likely eat the weight back online and that would be tragic after all the hard work you have done. Get motivated and get some help.....fast. Best.

Most of my problem is the excersize, i was off for the summer, didnt get out much, sat, weather was a problem. Now im back to work and cant seem to get my excersizing back on track, its fustrating, i dont have a treadmill anymore or a bike. And right now the neighborhood isnt safe. (Recent shooting 4 doors away). Im so fustrated and it doesnt help that my husband has gained(due to his job as a bus driver) and he has no desire to really get it off. He eats everything.

If you have to make a choice between getting your diet back on track and your exercise- I'd work on the diet. One Protein Bar too many defeats an hour's worth of exercise. I'd start over and go back to what you were doing right after surgery. And log everything you eat. (Yuck. I know. I hate that, too.)

The neighborhood isn't safe drive to one that is!!

My mother In law doesn't walk around her house. She drives 3 towns away to a very well lit football /track field and she does 3 miles.

She's 67. You can do it too. Find a place to go. Meditate as you drive. Get your walk on.

Most of my problem is the excersize, i was off for the summer, didnt get out much, sat, weather was a problem. Now im back to work and cant seem to get my excersizing back on track, its fustrating, i dont have a treadmill anymore or a bike. And right now the neighborhood isnt safe. (Recent shooting 4 doors away). Im so fustrated and it doesnt help that my husband has gained(due to his job as a bus driver) and he has no desire to really get it off. He eats everything.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. You don't need good weather, a treadmill or a bike to exercise. You can do squats, sit ups, push ups, jump rope, jog in place, walk the stairs, do yoga, pilates, or just walk the halls for free and with no equipment.

Your husband's lay-off (sorry about that -- I know it's stressful) and excessive eating has no bearing on you either. Unless he is holding you down and force feeding you, what he puts in his mouth is not adding to your caloric intake.

I know I sound harsh but facts are facts. If you are serious about losing weight and utilizing your WLS, you have to take accountability for your actions. You can exercise, you can eat right, you can track. If you choose not to, that's OK, that's your right, but if you are serious about getting to a healthy weight, the excuses stop now and you do what you know you need to do to get where you want to be.

Best of luck to you!

Well for starters, Dont judge by my short little post. I have other circumstances that prevent me from stuff. I had the band in 2010, it kept prolapse ing, had it removed in 2012, sleeve done in 2012. i do not over eat. When im full im full. I am following what they said, Breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1or 2 Snacks. I did better when i skipped meals and ate when i was hungry. I dont drive, so going away from my hood is impossible. I only posted for a little support not judgement.

Well for starters, Dont judge by my short little post. I have other circumstances that prevent me from stuff. I had the band in 2010, it kept prolapse ing, had it removed in 2012, sleeve done in 2012. i do not over eat. When im full im full. I am following what they said, Breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1or 2 Snacks. I did better when i skipped meals and ate when i was hungry. I dont drive, so going away from my hood is impossible. I only posted for a little support not judgement.

No judgement, just opinion based on the facts you presented.

It sounds like you have a lot going on rosebud, what do you need to hear? I know when I start getting down on myself I wander around people I love waiting for someone to say a relatively specific phrase, to notice something different I'm doing, or to make a specific offer. I'm sure everyone here knows the ideal way they would react, but what is it that you need?

Really nothing, i was just posting i guess to get it out as noone hears me at home. Thanks

Ok you don't drive - bus?

Work out at home - squats, run in place, walk around your apt. My mother does this back and forth and wore a hole in the pocket!

No i dont drive, i do take the bus to work and back, but my work schedule doesnt allow much time to get out and do anything with my husband who doesnt get home till after 7 every night from work. I have an 8 year old grand whom i am raising. Its not easy to do anything right now. Ill get back on track its going to take me myself and i to do it. I did it alone before and ill do it again.

I too had my sleeve in June 2012 and started at 330. I've been teetering between 200 and 211 for over a year and it's a horrible rut. Let's encourage each other. What do you think of strength building such as arm weights. Muscle burns more calories so it has to help. What about getting a jump start and doing a week of shakes and low carbs?

I do have 3 lb weights, and try to use them. I get so discuraged with the weight loss. food choices are a problem lately. I am trying to change that. But after a day with 6 special ed kids im tired. My get up and go left with the chasing, holding, and draining emotional stuff from the day. My 8 year old grand that i have is trying to get me up to do stuff with her. Lately its not aa easy. Ill try my best to get up and move it. Lol. Moral support is a good thing, even from a stranger.

I do have 3 lb weights, and try to use them. I get so discuraged with the weight loss. food choices are a problem lately. I am trying to change that. But after a day with 6 special ed kids im tired. My get up and go left with the chasing, holding, and draining emotional stuff from the day. My 8 year old grand that i have is trying to get me up to do stuff with her. Lately its not aa easy. Ill try my best to get up and move it. Lol. Moral support is a good thing, even from a stranger.