Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went from 298 to 165 in 10 months. 133 pounds. The first 113 fell off by June and I was sleeved in Devember 17, 2013. I thought I was stabilizing at 185, which was GREAT, but them lost more when work got stressful. Probably 10 pounds under where my body wants to be.

Who has experience gaining weight? I'd love to put on 20 pounds of muscle but the calories requirements of working out to gain muscle are huge and I have a hard enough time putting it back on.

Thoughts?

I noticed that Syntrax has a Matrix line that has more calories. You may want to try that. By the way, you look so healthy and fantastic!

Did you ever stall during your journey. .. I've been sleeved for 1 month and now I hid a stall where am not loosing nothing at all.. am walking and only consuming 500 calories a day any suggestions

Good Golly, you don't look like the same person, Good For you!! :)

Mavsfan... I hit plenty of stalls. Definitely one at three weeks and then maybe once a month after. Stalls happen to everyone and you will lose the weight. I had stalls as long as 2-3 weeks. At a month out and exercising, you may want to increase your calories. Stalls are one way the body protects its reserves. Feed it a little more and it'll start burning again. Check with your surgeon of course for guidance.

Great job!

I went from 298 to 165 in 10 months. 133 pounds. The first 113 fell off by June and I was sleeved in Devember 17, 2013. I thought I was stabilizing at 185, which was GREAT, but them lost more when work got stressful. Probably 10 pounds under where my body wants to be.

Who has experience gaining weight? I'd love to put on 20 pounds of muscle but the calories requirements of working out to gain muscle are huge and I have a hard enough time putting it back on.

Thoughts?

what ur a handsome man if I wasn't married lol wow

Edited by Naynay31

Try maybe mass gainer shakes which have more calories along with the high Protein? I mean you could graze all day but I'm assuming you want to put this on in a healthy way. Cut back on cardio and focus on lifting to gain muscle. I'm not an expert by any means. I'm still actively losing. But I'm a big proponent of lifting.

Holy shit bro! nice work. Best of luck adding on some muscle!!! there is definitely muscle building high calorie shakes out there. I am super curious about the time line and progress from your weight loss. did you keep track of month by month? how many days did you work out? intensity?

Soooooo cute!

what ur a handsome man if I wasn't married lol wow

Thanks for the compliments, my boyfriend thinks so too.

First off, you were a cutie before and you are a cutie after. What's interesting about your pic is that your after looks like you were never fat...ever....lucky!! That's one thing hope to avoid- to obviously look like I dropped a hundred pounds....well done!! Congratulations!

Seriously, you got a Bob Harper thing going on!!

Holy **** bro! nice work. Best of luck adding on some muscle!!! there is definitely muscle building high calorie shakes out there. I am super curious about the time line and progress from your weight loss. did you keep track of month by month? how many days did you work out? intensity?

Thanks Rovobay. I feel like I need luck. I'd really love to gain and maintain weight with actual foods if possible. Living off Protein shakes pre and post surgery really made me begin to hate them. I've been having some as need-extra-calories Snacks but I've also had some reflux issues and aspirated once.

I've attached my weight loss graph that I have and is maintained by a Withings scale. I weight myself every day. Seeing the bobbles up and down and the average curve has helped me learn and feel that swinging a few pounds each way isn't anything to panic about. All of this happened with absolutely minimal working out. I didn't step into a gym for 7 months and did no cardio or anything different from my previously sedentary life, so I'm at my lowest weight and don't have a lot of muscle on me. I'm averaging only 2 maybe 3 workouts a week at best and that hasn't been going on for very long.

I'm below my goal weight and the last 5 pounds came off my face and aged the hell out of me (or this is what I would have looked like at 36 without having ever gained the weight). I look better with more weight on, but have been struggling. Eating crap and empty carbs can help but that's REALLY not the direction I want to go after a life changing surgery and completely transforming my relationship with food.

Screen Shot 2014 10 27 At 9.47.05 PM

First off, you were a cutie before and you are a cutie after. What's interesting about your pic is that your after looks like you were never fat...ever....lucky!! That's one thing hope to avoid- to obviously look like I dropped a hundred pounds....well done!! Congratulations!

Thanks. I was cubby as a kid and then thinned out in high school and college. Wasn't until 2007 that I started gaining some weight and then when I started taking psychiatric medications for depression and anxiety I put it on like crazy. 170# in 2005. 210# in 2008 245# in 2010 260#in 2012 298#in 2013. I believe part of my "shrinking" well was that I wasn't morbidly obese my whole life. That, Water, and compression shirts. I have some loose skin, but I feel lucky that it's not terrible and should be able to fill some of it back out in the gym.