Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all July losers!!!! :-) :-) Wanted to reach out and check in to see how everyone is doing. I know several of us are finally coming out of the initial aches and pains of the surgery, so I was interested in any updates you want to share! Losses, victories, stalls, anything...the floor's open!

Hi Angel, I am two weeks out and finally starting to feel better. I had my first drs appt yesterday and as the day of surgery I have lost 16 pounds. I am able to drink a little bit better and get a little more Protein in. I am so grateful that I had the surgery and so excited. Wishing everybody good luck and praying that your healing is going well.

doing good so far. i am down 16 lbs since my surgery on 7/1

had surgery on 7/23, back to work on 8/11, not much pain at all, lot of nausea and gas, can't stomach Protein Shakes, and almost everything tastes disgusting, I am not getting enough Protein but am working on it every day, I've lost 17 lbs in three weeks

Its been quite a ride! I am just over 2 weeks post op and have good days and not so good days. All in all, the surgery went great and recovery pretty easy. Off of pain meds, but dealing with a little bit of nausea, Constipation and dehydration. I'm finding it very difficult to get in enough fluids. Probably went back to work too soon, taking my focus away from trying to adjust to my new lifestyle. I experienced my first bout of food sticking today. Not fun at all. Lesson learned! If anyone has any tips for getting fluids in I'd love to hear them! I have my Water with me everywhere I go, but I lose track of time and forget. Today, I resorted to setting a timer for every 5 mins to remind me to sip, sip, sip. Helped a little, but I didn't start that until afternoon. Will try again tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Or, better :-)

Surgery July 21. 16 lbs down from surgery and 40 lbs down over all. Feeling FANTASTIC ....EXCEPT.... for the pain I have from the largest incision site. The pain is not constant but every now and then. It feels like it is ripping open from the inside. I usually walk around with my hand holding that particular incision area.

Is ANYONE else out there experiencing anything similar?

Hi my name is Nikkei I had surgery on July 30th and have lost 16 lbs since surgery was loosing about 3 or 4 lbs every couple of days and now it's been about a week and I am the same weight. I am not discouraged just wondering if I have done something wrong. I follow the diet to the exact word I drink a ridiculous amount of Water and diet Decaf tea and exercise each day (nothing to intense yet). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Great work to everyone's accomplishments.

I have the same problem. I'll go like a week at the same weight then I'll drop some. I think it's normal as long as you're following your surgeon's plan

I had my surgery on July 16 and things are finally trying to get better. I am still plagued with nausea and I can't eat or drink much due to it.

I saw both my internist and surgeon today. My internist took me off of my High BP medication. My neurologist has me on it for Migraines but she thinks it may be what is causing my dizziness and light headedness.

I think she may be right, but I think it also may be coupled with me not eating enough.

I have lost 23 pounds since surgery. Altogether I was in the hospital for ten days and on those days I did not lose, I actually gained 20 lbs from all of the Fluid. I imagine I would have lost a bit more.

I am ok with my weight loss right now.

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago on July 30th and am down 20lbs. I am doing the puréed diet and it's going well. I haven't felt hungry yet so I just eat my meals at the same time each day. I had bad "burning" pain on the lower left side of my abdomen because I was doing too much. Now that I have stopped lifting my babies it's gotten better! Glad to see everyone is doing well! dde04

Edited by steph0825

Surgery July 21. 16 lbs down from surgery and 40 lbs down over all. Feeling FANTASTIC ....EXCEPT.... for the pain I have from the largest incision site. The pain is not constant but every now and then. It feels like it is ripping open from the inside. I usually walk around with my hand holding that particular incision area.

Is ANYONE else out there experiencing anything similar?

Yes, I have a similar ripping pain in the same location. Talked to my Dr about it and he seemed to think it was pretty normal. He said that's where the stapler goes in and that they usually put a stitch in and that's what I'm feeling.

seems like the third week plateau is common, I've read about others experiencing this and I myself have not lost anything the last four days of my third week

Same here fir the last two posts before this

Surgery for me was July 31st. Also down 16 lbs. I feel good. Walking each night after dinner. When I first got home from the hospital I could do 1/4 mile in 30 min. Woohoo tonight 3 miles in 45 min. I am so happy I had surgery! I know the 3 week stall should be coming up. I am grateful for others who have gone before me and posted of things to come so discouragement does not set in.

My surgery was July 1 and I'm down 29#. The first three weeks were tough as I had such little energy and stamina, I could barely stand up for five minutes! I'm feeling great now and am even taking care of a friend's farm this week. Talk about a boost in energy.

This past weekend I saw my profile in a shop window and for the first time I saw myself looking smaller. It was a good feeling and I can't wait to lose another 29#!