Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warning, Self Pity Party Ahead

I have been reading with growing jealousy about women who have lost significant amounts of weight and have now dropped several dress sizes. These are wonderful accomplishments and deserve to be applauded. But mixed in with my congratulations is my feeling that it is unfair that people who weigh 30 - 50 lbs more than I currently weigh, wear 14's and 16's when I can't fit into 18's and 20's. I know it's petty to be jealous, but just today I tried on an XL jacket and found, once again, that it was way too small. I've come so far in pounds lost (more than 70), and I've barely changed size on top. I'm still wearing my size 24 tops and dresses, for gosh sake! And they are only a little bit large on me. And my waist is still so large and flabby, I have to wear slacks with elastic waists. How many more lbs must I lose before I, too can shop in the regular sizes?

Ok. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. I'll try to return to being a reasonable excuse for an adult now.

Everyone is different. But you will get there too.

I know you will. I have a pity party when I see people losing 40 pounds a month and I stop immediately. My journey, my way, it's not a race against each other

Enjoy your rant. That's what we're here for. :)

I have a similar confusion -- God bless 'em, but how can girls who weigh 240 wear 16s?

It's a weird clothing world.

We just live in it.

I was 240 and was in 18 pants when new

But my 16's still fit. Stretched out and well worn.

Jeans had to be 18.

I don't know how some 240 women get in an extra large - but they do have seen it on here.

Am amazed. Know exactly what op means

Oh! I feel for you! I see people who wear my size and even several sizes smaller and they outweigh me my 20-30 lbs. and sometimes more. Sizing depends on the brand, the cut, and your build.

As for when you'll be in a smaller size: soon! I had some old clothes that were too small set aside and by the time I tried them on they were too big.

Your 24s were probably tight and are now baggy (just guessing).

And after I got to goal, things continued to shift around for a while. I looked very gaunt in the face the first few months at goal, but my face has filled it. Not chubby mind you, but I don't look like I'm aiming for anorexia.

Lynda

I have been reading with growing jealousy about women who have lost significant amounts of weight and have now dropped several dress sizes. These are wonderful accomplishments and deserve to be applauded. But mixed in with my congratulations is my feeling that it is unfair that people who weigh 30 - 50 lbs more than I currently weigh, wear 14's and 16's when I can't fit into 18's and 20's. I know it's petty to be jealous, but just today I tried on an XL jacket and found, once again, that it was way too small. I've come so far in pounds lost (more than 70), and I've barely changed size on top. I'm still wearing my size 24 tops and dresses, for gosh sake! And they are only a little bit large on me. And my waist is still so large and flabby, I have to wear slacks with elastic waists. How many more lbs must I lose before I, too can shop in the regular sizes?

Ok. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. I'll try to return to being a reasonable excuse for an adult now.

I'm the same way and it is super annoying. Thanks for venting for me. :)

Have you taken measurements? I looked at your profile to see your height is similar to mine I am 5'4. I am currently 164 pounds . Obviously your size will depend on your measurements on you have to find the brand that is right for you ! I really like Gloria Vanderbilt, and Falls creek . I am one who is fitting in smaller sizes now but I have seriously lost my boobs!

@@IcanMakeit, weight loss is amazing, you'll be in the small sizes before you know it. 70lbs lost in 2 months is a huge accomplishment, I hope that at 2 months I can boast the same stats.

I can totally relate to your frustrations. But, try not to focus on the "smaller sized" clothing. I think women, and I assume men too, tend to focus on what size they are wearing versus the amount they lost...or we try to get ourselves focused on these normal sized smaller sizes. Keep in mind, everyone is built differently. You may be smaller then someone who is heavier then you, however, the heavier persons may be taller...have a smaller waist or just more,muscular on the upper half of their,body. These differences will obviously effect the size in clothing you will buy.

Keep pushing forward...you will get there!

I had to lose around 50 lbs. to go down one or two sizes...but once you start to get smaller, the sizes change much more rapidly even though you are losing less weight. Once I hit around 150, I was in size 12 or 14 jeans but now that I'm 125, I'm wearing size 6 or 8.

I understand completely and wonder what the heck, are they lyin? when they say they are in size 16 or 14 and over 200 or whatever... I just have to shrug my shoulders and be on my own journey.my stomach is still sticking out too and I had much better abs at this weight 15 yr ago. it might be that old 64 yr old thing, just sayin, cause I am the same age. and how the hell did you lose so much so fast?I am jealous of that... thought I was doing good at half the weight loss similar age height and weight. so work out baby, we will work on our abs, and give our bodies a chance to catch up and redistribute everything. I am just so happy to be in onederland again and finally. and 2 boxes of smaller clothes fit today that didnt fit 1 week ago even tho I only lost 2 #, there is a mystery part of this process... love sara

I am all belly with no waistline. I wear a 14, when my friend, who is the same weight, wears a 12. It's all about body shape. I was slow to go down sizes in the beginning too.

I understand totally, but.....I've seen pics of someone saying they now wear a 16 and CLEARLY they shouldn't be wearing a 16, probably more like an 18 or even a 20. My surgeon even told me to buy pants really tight because soon I'd fit into them, but I can't do that. I need my clothes to fit. I don't do muffin top and don't find it attractive. So....wear what fits and is comfortable and don't worry.

I think it has a lot to do with height also. We aren't comparing apples to apples if one person is 5'4 and the next is 5'7.