Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FRUSTRATED Grocery shopper..

I start my pre-op all liquid diet on Tuesday...I read the requirements...made an extensive list and headed off to Wal-Mart. Needless to say, I have never shopped for the "healthy" and sugar free stuff and ended up running all over the store. I was pumped to buy the Premier shakes since they are highly recommended. They do not carry them! Then I stood dumbfounded in the yogurt aisle!!! I thought everything was supposed to be sugar free! I could not find any sugar free yogurt but settled for Dannin Fit & Light. Suggestions please!!

I also start my diet on Tues. i do not think the yogurt has to be sugar free. My pre-op diet says light with no fruit pieces. Hope that helps.

I start my pre-op all liquid diet on Tuesday...I read the requirements...made an extensive list and headed off to Wal-Mart. Needless to say, I have never shopped for the "healthy" and sugar free stuff and ended up running all over the store. I was pumped to buy the Premier shakes since they are highly recommended. They do not carry them! Then I stood dumbfounded in the yogurt aisle!!! I thought everything was supposed to be sugar free! I could not find any sugar free yogurt but settled for Dannin Fit & Light. Suggestions please!!

mine say as long as it is light the yogurt is ok. I found the Premier and Pure Protein Shakes at Walmart and like them both so far. I'm on liquids starting tomorrow for my surgery on Wednesday.

I probably need to shop at Publix or a bigger Wal/Mart. I was so aggravated! They were sold out of B1, had stopped carrying Torani syrups, and didn't gave half the stuff in my list!

You can buy low or no fat PLAIN yogurt, then add Sweet N' Low or other non-sugar sweetener. Adding a

little vanilla extract really makes it taste good!

Edited by BeagleLover

I probably need to shop at Publix or a bigger Wal/Mart. I was so aggravated! They were sold out of B1, had stopped carrying Torani syrups, and didn't gave half the stuff in my list!

I feel you especially when you are on a mission. I ordered my B1 off Amazon a so everyone around here didn't have what I needed.

With the yogert it's the no added sugar that's important. ALL yogert, even plain has sugar because lactose IS a form of sugar and it's part of the milk. There WILL be sugar grams in it, they are from the lactose. You just don't want to see sugar on the ingredients list.

Dannon light and fit has no added sugar. All it's grams of sugar come from the lactose.

Am I making sense?

Try Fage yogurt...

I'm 7 months post-op and still eat same yogurt, just need to change it up with different flavoring. I but it at costco, it's the large container and less than $6.00. It goes a long way. Especially now with my sleeve.

Fage yogurt has Sugar 9g, Protein 23g, 0 fat, 0 carbs only 130 calories 1 cup. It's Greek yogurt, tastes a bit sour like sour cream, took me a bit to get used to it but I add Splenda to sweeten it up or pineapple w/juice, peaches, strawberry etc...

I have to agree Premier Protein ready to drink are by far the best Protein drinks out there and recommend. I also get them at costco.

18 for about $27.00. All 3 flavored are greasy. Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. I but all 3 and alternative. Always my Breakfast meal for sure.

Hope this helps. Good luck! : )

LOL!! Sorry for typos. The premier Proteins I wrote great and phone changes to greasy. No grease or greasy. Crazy phones!!!

July 1st sleever too and I ordered bunches of Protein Powder samples from the various websites recommended on this site. I've been easing into the Meal Replacement by having 2+ shakes and then a good meal and really enjoy the Premiere Protein Shakes from costco. I prefer chocolate to the vanilla right now. Excited to start trying my samples too!

i am not crazy about the Premier, i thought it was chalky for my liking.

i AM crazy about Muscle Milk 100 RTD shakes. good stuff. i add some extra milk for more Protein.

ditto on the yogurt, light is the best and no ADDED sugar. i'm doing the Yoplait Greek 100 variety, 13-15 Proteins per serving. whoop!

Lifechange>40, on 15 Jun 2014 - 23:43, said:

Look for the yogurt that has 13 grams or less sugar. I buy one that has 9 grams of sugar per my NUT. Walmart has EAS Protein powder that was allowed, in vanilla only. I add Torani sugar free flavored syrups or Crystal Light powder to change it up. Torani syrups come in chocolate, hazelnut, salted caramel, raspberry, gingerbread, etc. and are sold at World Market, Amazon or the coffee section of the grocery store. We found Premier shakes at Sam's Club, but 3 months post op were told to stop the shakes. Now I have 3 cases of shakes sitting here. I learned not to stock up. Use this time of healing to experience new things at the grocery store, walking slow and reading labels. Make sure you always eat before you go to the store, it will keep you from spending extra money I have learned.

Oh my, I had the same experience this weekend. I went to Pathmark because they was suppose to sell the Premiere shakes but didn't have any. I couldn't find suger free popiscles nor could I find low carb yogurt. I am frustrated as well as everyone has said the yogurt and popsicles helped. My liquid diet starts today. It's going to be a looooong two weeks for me.

I found Amazon to be very helpful when searching for Protein Shakes and Vitamins. I love Bariatric Advantage. It's a little pricey but really tasty and formulated specifically for bariatric patients. Bariatric Advantage also carries calcium chews in a variety of flavors (lemon is best!) and vitamins. Their ultra Vitamin has everything we need in three pills per day!