Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

places where you can't bring in food.... ?

What do you do when you go to a place all day and are not allowed to bring in outside food and drink and they only serve junk? (Ie: amusement parks)

Sneak it in.

Or tell them you have a medical condition.

It's such a shame that we don't have some sort of official card that we show to say we have a medical condition.

Sneak it in. Lol. My doctor issued me a bariatric card I am supposed to carry on me at all times in case of an emergency so whoever treats me knows I'm postoperative malabsorption. But it can also be used when dining out. Maybe your dr has something they can offer you? Someone amongst the boards posted a website where you can print out a card an have your surgeon sign it. I forgot the info to the site though as I already have one. If all else fails.. My purse has become more of a vitamin/snack bag then a purse.

Protein bars and nut packs are small enough to carry in your purse. If the venue you are visiting will let you leave and return, then keep an ice chest in your car with any perishable foods.

I sneak in Snacks all the time. If you must get a bigger bag and hide them in pockets too. ;-)

I always sneak in Snacks, hide it in my purse stash good Snacks in the car and I always take a large container of Water too. I totally forgot about my card that the Dr gave me but I have learned to order food the way I can eat it. If I am at a place that only serves hamburgers then I order it with out a bun in a cup.. and I have my stash of apples.

You can also take Protein shakes or drinks with you to help you over the time when every one is full and you know you need to get your every 2-3 hour meal in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!