Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared I wont be able to do this

So I'm a week and one day post op and have been doing my homework on what foods to have on the soft food phase, and then when I can resume eating regularly, and I've found some wonderful stuff, but for some reason I am terrified of failure. I'm scared I won't eat the right thing, or eat too much of the wrong thing thinking it's good when it's really not. I haven't been able to eat normal food in almost a month due to pre op requirements, so when I'm able to eat, I'm going to have to make myself not go crazy. I guess with this full liquid phase, I'll feel full when I eat / drink for right around two hours and then I'm hungry again, I guess I'm scared that will be the case once I start eating regular food and I'll start, what I call "grazing" again, and then this surgery would've been for nothing. Am I overthinking this? Is it normal to be this fearful only a week post op??

Follow your dr / nutritionist food plan and it will all work,out. Did you get a food plan for post op and all the stages you have to follow. The longer you make the sleeve work for you...the more you will be confident that it will all work out. Is there is a support group that u can attend for encouragement and settle some of the fears you are having.

We all have a fear of failure, mostly because of the many times we have tried to lose weight in the past...and ultimately failed. This surgery is a tool... you still have to work at it... but it will make it easier for you!

Find support groups and keep your head in the game! You can do this! Trust in yourself! If I never lose another pound, I am SO happy I did this and where I am today!

Yes I got a food plan, but it's very vague. I'm tJust looking for recipes that have high Protein and low carbs. I know that the longer time goes on, I'll learn more, I just have had this fear for awhile, but went ahead with the surgery anyway. I'm determined to make this work, but it just am scared because I NEED this to work. I paid out of pocket for this surgery LOL. I'm actively looking for a support group in my area, but haven't found one as of yet.

Check with your doctors office for support groups...our hospital conducts 2 a month and then the psych does one a month :)

This sight has recipes, you can also go to TheWorldAccordingToEggface.com... she has a bunch, or pick up a cookbook... Success Habits has a cookbook...Colleen Cook often has articles on here and she has lots of info on her website as well...

Many MANY recipes can be easily converted with a little imagination :)

Honestly.....I use no special recipes and don't stress over it. I make dinner for my family and only eat the protien and veggies. If I make spaghetti and meatballs, I only eat the meatballs. chicken, green Beans and potatoes for dinner....I just skip the potatoes.

For lunch I usually eat rolled up deli meat, tuna or egg salad or lentil Soup. Breakfast is a Protein drink or greek yogurt.

Once you get to solid Protein you will feel full on a small amount and if you do not drink to quickly after eating you will stay full for quite a while.

You will be fine.

I think that is a pretty normal thing to feel. We've all tried & failed countless diets or we wouldn't have the surgery... It's normal to be a little afraid if that. Just stick to the plan & your sleeve will work for you & with you :-)

Does drinking after eating cause you to be hungrier? I admit I have a hard time keeping track of how many minutes it's been and I try to drink often so I don't get dehydrated again. I thought spacing out eating and drinking was to avoid discomfort/getting too full.

Yes, drinking right after eating can wash the food through, leaving you hungry. My program teaches no drinking 1/2 hour before to 1 hr after eating. I guess this is more important once you're eating more solid food and are healed.

Does drinking after eating cause you to be hungrier? I admit I have a hard time keeping track of how many minutes it's been and I try to drink often so I don't get dehydrated again. I thought spacing out eating and drinking was to avoid discomfort/getting too full.

Yeah my doctor told me to not eat or drink 30 minutes before and after eating. I have to admit, it's realllllllllllllly hard because I've done it for so long. But it has to be done.

I've also stopped losing weight these last few days, and it's really discouraged me. I was eating cream of wheat with mixed in flavorless Protein twice a day, along with Sugar Free chocolate pudding so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.