Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

That's awesome Missy. I only started exercising just over a month ago. I can't tell you how much stronger and fitter and more aware of my body I am. I never thought I would do it either and couldn't relate to those posts on this thread but now I'm getting into it and am not making excuses. It really isn't as hard as I thought it would be...or at torturous. It's actually *gulp* enjoyable with amazing mental and physical benefits.

missy GREAT for you!! I can't wait for our temperatures to go down a little bit and stay there. It is so hot and humid now to workout outside!

rhonda keep us posted. I am not there yet, but I read others who said give it a day or two and if you still can't drink or eat fluids, you should call the doctor. It could loosen up or not?

suzzzie Great on the PIZZA! I can only eat one slice, and because I love pizza, I am glad that I can still eat a slice from time to time.

Have a good Tuesday!

Missy: Way to go on the walk! Keep it up and I'm sure you'll enjoy it more. These temps this week are amazing. If I get home at a decent time, busy-busy work week, I'm thinking about taking the kids for a walk in their wagon for the perimeter of our 10 acres...or as close to that as I dare go.

Rhonda: Definitely check with your doctor if it's been a few days. Are you still having troubles? How long? I had some problem this weekend, 3 weeks after 2nd fill (2cc in 4cc band)...and had to throw up Skim chocolate Milk with Splenda (Anderson Erickson). I took it easy the next day, mostly Protein Shakes and Water and by yesterday was back to being able to tolerate.

I go in Friday for my 3rd fill. My home scale is looking nice to me...hopefully the office scale will to. My big NSV this week: went shopping at Kohl's on Sunday...bought 1X blouses instead of 3X and they fit wonderfully! : )

At the end of this month a friend of mine, who had LB back in Feb., are celebrating our birthdays with a shopping trip...$1 for every pound we've lost so far on clothes. I can't wait!

WARNING to all who got their surgery either at the Fort Worth Surgery Center in Hurst or at the Richardson Sugery Center in Dallas!

They took over all aftercare for AIGB as of last week and are overbooked for weeks! If you think you may need a fill soon, CALL NOW! I waited too long to begin with, only to find that I can't get in for several weeks!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Waters...where can you purchase this book? Sounds very interesting with a lot of infomation about lapband. I just tried to eat a peach and it didn't go down at all. I guess I will stick to strawberries and small fruits.

I recieved my second/third fill last week. I have really had some struggle with it. I had my band installed June 25th and have lost about 16 pounds. Not a whole lot but I did not have a high BMI in the first place. It was so nice to be able to refer to this sight and read all of your blogs. It is very helpful....thanks!!!

STEF--I heard that they were merging AIGB and Surgery Center of Richardson. They had an open house last night, but I couldn't make it. I received a flyer about today, but thanks for the heads-up.

I went to Dr. B. today and all is well...he didn't give me any "juice"--(that's what I call my fills). He said that I'm on target for weight loss...banded June 18th and I've lost 23lbs. I actually start with the pre-op diet--so in my mind, I've lost 30lbs.

amyc--congrats on the weight loss...my Dr says if you are losing weight, he would rather you only get fills because your stomach as shrunk and the band needs tightening, not because you want further limit your food intake.

Junies--thanks for your prayers regarding my aunt. She went to live eternally with the Lord and her home-going celebration was held this past Saturday.

I recieved my second/third fill last week. I have really had some struggle with it. I had my band installed June 25th and have lost about 16 pounds. Not a whole lot but I did not have a high BMI in the first place. It was so nice to be able to refer to this sight and read all of your blogs. It is very helpful....thanks!!!

Amyc, you had the band placed to lose 44 lbs? Wow!

Goodonya girl, you are OVER a third of the way to your goal! Celebrate that accomplishment!

I DID. I have tried to loose 44 pounds for 10 years and have been unsuccessful. More importantly I have been terrified for 10 years of gaining more and every year I have put on a few more pounds. I wanted to stop the train before I had serious health problems. I already have severe back trouble. To me it was way worth it. I think down the road I hope this surgery will be availabe for prevention.

Hi all! Thanks for the encouragement. With much reluctance I went walking again tonight. I survived, even though I thought many times about turning around. My youngest was complaining for the last 10 minutes. She said she wished she had a magic carpet to take her home - at that point I had to agree!

Amy - I have to agree with you. I am very interested in the work they are doing with kids. There was a teenager in my surgeon's office when I had my fill on Monday. I don't know how old, he was tall, but his face was very young, so I wouldn't think he was more than 15. I know he was under 18 because his mother had to sign for his fill. I SO wish I could have had this choice at a much younger age.

Well I got back to my fill clinic today, and once again they made hamburger out of my stomach--couldn't access the port. She got me in at the hospital in less than 10 minutes, and an MD came in and got me under fluoro. It was very cool to see a needle sticking in my port on the monitor for the first time. Didn't see my band. It took some time---guess the port is deep and I'm "fleshy" ::::gasp:::: but finally he got in and took out 1cc. I tell you I have never been so grateful in my life! I spent last night with Soup broth coming up through my nose at 3am waking me up out of a sound sleep---soup I had eaten at 11pm. Water, fuhgedaboudit...I pb'd it. After the fill came out, I finally could swallow and feel the water trickle down. I went to eat and had a small turkey dinner. As long as I could eat very slow, tiny bites, and chew, I could get it down with no pain. It was amazing. I learned something, I believe this to be true, the pouch doesn't hold the food for 2-3 hours as I've read, the reduced stoma size only slows the food down. This may be true in my case, some say their pouch is full. My skull, neck, shoulders, temples, gut, ribs, intestines...you name it...are completely wracked out. I feel like I got run over by a truck. I felt sorry for myself but I'm getting over it. LOL I finally peed about 7:00 pm and it was dark orange. Sorry for the gorey details, but I know some of you will appreciate it.

I must be the kind of person that has to whacked up the side of the head to finally get it. Big duh moment. I wanted lockdown, I got it....never again.

My 3 new resolutions....I had some time today on the road to think about this, and I had my friend with me so I said this outloud. Paying pennance. LOL

#1 get on my eliptical trainer every morning, no excuses

#2 no more night time eating/testing...after dinner, nothing but herb tea

#3 no more buying candy...I won't even go into the aisle

My weight drop in the last few days...got into the 30's yay...is due to dehydration and not eating for 4 day, but someone said you never post gains, right, so I'm keeping it.

Oh, I haven't been this weight in 18 years. I got my first real comment today.....that I was starting to look good. Not just losing. Looking GOOD. I got out a tub of summer clothes that I forgot about and all but about 3 tanks and 2 shirts (stretchy) are too big. That's my NSV. Another one I have is it's so much easier to turn over in bed. I love that!

WTG Safari! You can do it. Think of me blurry eyed on my ET every morning....I'm with ya!

Amy, kudos to you on your personal choice. One thing you can almost guarantee yourself is if you follow the rules, you won't put the 44# back on.

Big, I'm so sorry about your aunt.

Everyone else, keep going for it!

Rhonda, Wow what a day, I guess the bright side is all you learned through the process! I agree with you on so many points. I am glad they were able to get someone in to complete the unfill, it is harder when they can't find it and they are poking around! Keep us posted on your eating. GREAT NSV!! those mean so much...

Missy and Amy, I agree so much about the band for teens or young adults, I know I would have been thankful to have this then. I have yoyo so many times, I lost count. And when I finally decided to do this at age 48, I am at my all time highest weight! I only exceeded 200 after babies and then two years ago and oculd not change habits or get the scale to move! I don 't judge those who have a low bmi, because the band is there for you NOT to GAIN it BACK. To me that is so important!

Stef sorry about your fill appt. that is how my doc office is. you can't get an appointment, even if you call and beg! Now if there is a medical problem, I am sure they will see you. Hang in there! when is your appt? Mine is not until Oct 8.