Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This may sound like a silly question, but with my height being 4'11, I'm curious as to what goal your surgeon set for you? I was thinking 115-118, my surgeon initially told me around 104. If your 5'2 or under what were you suggested as your final weight goal?

I'm 5'2 and my doctor didn't give me a target weight. He said most patients lose 60-80% of excess weight which still leaves us overweight. That's with not doing much extra. For my surgeon I think they try to stay away from putting a number on where we should be so that this journey doesn't seem so daunting. I personally have a end goal of 135, but I may see that at 150 or 160 that I am good and wouldn't want to weigh less. This journey is more about how I feel and being healthy than only focusing on the number on the scale. I'm just going to be thrilled to weigh under 200! That will be a huge accomplishment.

I'm 5'2" and my surgeon would be happy if I was at the highest weight for my height (136) and no longer "overweight" but all my Dr.'s are happy even now that I have lost the first 10% of my weight.

According to my height of 5' 2" my ideal healthy weight is 122 pounds. Recommended weight range is between 109 and 136 pounds.

I put in your stats...

According to your height of 4' 11" your ideal healthy weight is 111 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 98 and 123 pounds.

Here is the link

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/ideal-healthy-weight

Thank you both so much for your help and for the link! I am very excited for my journey!

I am 4'10" and I started at 200lbs. My surgeon said he thought I could lose about 80lbs with the sleeve which would get me to 120lbs. Although that is still overweight for my height I think I would be fine with that. I weigh 133 now and my size 10 pants have a little room and I am actually happy with the way I look in the mirror at this size.

That's Awesome Michele! Congrats on your progress! All of these things have been very encouraging!

I am 5-2..I set a realistic goal of 130..if I get below that, then so be it....I will still be healthier than I was when I started this journey.

I'm 4'10". I'm just in the preliminary stage of this journey. I just started the dr. supervised weight loss. I have been obese and morbidly obese most of my life and I'm going to be 65 on June 10. At one point I went down to 142 and I felt fantastic. When I get to the goal stage, I will be very happy with a number close to 142, maybe 135. I am not willing to go much lower than that, at least not right now.

I currently weigh 267. Even getting to 140 or so will be quite an achievement. I'm not interested in getting skinny, I just want to feel better and be able to live my life instead of sidestepping it all the time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches