Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fighting your food! Getting tired of it?

Sometimes I get discouraged because I miss getting to just relax and enjoy a meal... I posted this blog today about it.

http://www.debbiedanthony.com/fighting-with-my-food/

I would love to know if anyone else feels the same way sometimes and how you get past it?

I don't often read the external blogs people post, but did read yours. I suppose the title caught my eye. And I'm glad I did! Very well written! I'll offer a couple suggestions/replies to your quotes.

" Every meal now seems like a chore and I’m starting to dread mealtime…"

I'm guessing PART of the reason you feel this way is you're only 4 1/2 months post banding. For me it just got "normal"....after some period of time.

"I will remind myself daily that this is a process that will help me learn to live a healthier life" YES THIS!

There is no end date, no finish line, its our new life....

"And, I’m hoping in time, I will get used to this new lifestyle" YOU WILL!

Best wishes! :)

Thank you for reading my post and for the compliment!! I really only write something when I feel I have something to share that may help someone else looking into this or help me understand better what I am going through..

And the feedback I get from everyone is priceless! There is no better therapy or encouragement in the world than this group of people!!

Sometimes I get discouraged because I miss getting to just relax and enjoy a meal... I posted this blog today about it.

I would love to know if anyone else feels the same way sometimes and how you get past it?

I don't often read the external blogs people post, but did read yours. I suppose the title caught my eye. And I'm glad I did! Very well written! I'll offer a couple suggestions/replies to your quotes.

" Every meal now seems like a chore and I’m starting to dread mealtime…"

I'm guessing PART of the reason you feel this way is you're only 4 1/2 months post banding. For me it just got "normal"....after some period of time.

"I will remind myself daily that this is a process that will help me learn to live a healthier life" YES THIS!

There is no end date, no finish line, its our new life....

"And, I’m hoping in time, I will get used to this new lifestyle" YOU WILL!

Best wishes! :)

Nicely put! We spend many of our years with bad eating habits and new ones do not come easy and take time to get used to. Finding that zone along with repetitiveness is what will get you there and before you know it you will have a new normal. My Wife and I have no children and we used to spend a lot of time dining out rather than cooking. Well that aspect of my life has changed tremendously. I look forward to preparing a good healthy meal now without worry of a cook putting in sugary or salty add-on junk.

Nice blog post, Debbie -- and that wedding day is coming right up! So happy for you.....

Last night I just wanted to eat. Eat, eat. You know, like the old days. I tried to analyze it a bit to figure out where that was coming from. The cold, perhaps? It's so cold and maybe our bodies are designed to store food for just this kind of weather. Also I had a Protein bar in the afternoon and I'm sure it was full of all kinds of chemical crap that I don't usually put in my body. I get the kind that are 200 calories and 20 grams of Protein -- need to go read the labels carefully as I think sucralose and the like may be a major problem for me -- there are studies that for some people artificial sweeteners tell the brain food is coming. Did I set myself up in the late afternoon for wanting to eat, eat, eat? I know I can be chemically-sensitive. I didn't overdo it -- I just kept going back for a bit more of something (I was such a grazer). Had leftover oatmeal from the morning, went back for chunky applesauce, had a yogurt (100 calorie Chobani with fruit has a lot of sugar in it and I was probably going for that). Finally I found a couple of rice crackers and I chowed down on those. I think I needed something to really crunch and chew on -- that it was a mental thing.

Thanks for the reminder about tea, Lisa. I drink a lot of tea during the day but I'd like to have some ritual tea for evenings -- something different and maybe a little full-bodied. That might really work for me.

On another thread about the band being tight in the mornings some one commented on how great it would be if our bands would be tighter at night. Truth!

I guess from all of this you can deduce that I still love to eat. And I want to love it -- just in very small portions at appropriate intervals. For me, this means not going looking for a little something else.

One thing I'm really noticing is how interesting it is to be with other people at the table and watching interactions and just "being" in a dining situation now that the objective is not to clean my plate. I kind of push the food around and listen a lot. I watch what others are doing and am so glad not to be shoveling my food down like that anymore. And you know what? No one ever seems to notice that I'm eating such a small amount. It's amazing. When I'm being served it sometimes comes up -- "is that all you're going to have?" from the host. I am responding with something like, "I'll come back for more but for now I'm really trying to watch my portion sizes."

Thank you!! Yes Wedding in 16 more days then off on our honeymoon to Orlando for 7 days! Working now is so hard! I am counting the days down - I have 10 more days of work after today...lol!

Thank you!! Yes Wedding in 16 more days then off on our honeymoon to Orlando for 7 days! Working now is so hard! I am counting the days down - I have 10 more days of work after today...lol!

Congrats!!!!! I live about 2 hrs southwest of Orlando. Have a timeshare at Bonnet Creek on Disney properties but Disney doesn't own the land. Anyhow have a great time you going to Disney world? Have soooo much fun!!! Again have a romantic stay.

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I have is a cup of hot coffee. I drink about half the cup which has now opened and relaxed my stoma enough for me to take my pills. I take them one at a time each with a nice sip of warm coffee.

I feel them go down and through the band and I take the next one. That is how I take all my medications, for Vitamins I use chewable Gummy mulit Vitamins and sublingual (melt in your mouth) vitamins for the special things like B-12, and Vitamin C.

When I take my pills at night (cause yes there are more that I take at night cause they make me drowsy) I also take them with a nice cup of Decaf about an hour before bed. I use a chewable pro-biotic and a chewable Calcium supplement.

LC... Breskfast and lunch took my pills one at a time with med hot black tea....and had no problems....God Bless You. I just saw my endocrinologist for diabetes and thyroid...he added three more pills. So my throat no longer constricted as long as I drink hot or warm liquids with my pills. Gosh thx for the info. I thought something was wrong but had no idea on how to solve it. Thx from the bottom of my heart!!!

How wonderful a wedding!!! You must post some pictures when you get back from your Honeymoon!

I planned my whole wedding (2 of them) and my wedding brunch while I was at work. Thank goodness I had an on location wedding coordinator she was a big help, but since the hubby and I decided we didn't want to have anyone at the wedding but us...I was on my own with the plans. Hubby did help but you know us gals do most of the coordinating.

I have to say having been married twice, the first time I did the overblown family wedding (we are Italian it's like my big fat Greek wedding but with Italians) I hated it, it was not my scene. This time it was the hubby and I in LasVegas! We had 2 weddings. One big white wedding and then another wedding at the KISS hotter then Hell chapel! I had them both broadcast live over the internet for anyone who wanted to "watch" and I didn't have to hear a single comment! It was GREAT!

When we came home I had a family brunch for all the "family" parents inlaws kids and cousins it was wonderful. I didn't give a hoot what anyone had to say! They had so much food to eat they had no time to make comments :)

I hope you and your soon to be Hubby have the best wedding and are very very very happy!!!!

Congrats!!!!! I live about 2 hrs southwest of Orlando. Have a timeshare at Bonnet Creek on Disney properties but Disney doesn't own the land. Anyhow have a great time you going to Disney world? Have soooo much fun!!! Again have a romantic stay.

Yes, we have a 3-day park hopper for Disney world parks. Also going to spend 1 day at Universal Studios then 1 day driving up to St. Augustine and to visit and uncle I have that lives there. I'm very excited. Wanted to do the Discovery Cove but it's too much $$. My son and his wife just came back from there for their 10th wedding anniversary and LOVED it!!

My boyfriend has a friend with a time share in Orlando - that's where we are staying. If you can hook me up with free Discovery Cove tickets I will do the same for you if you come to Las Vegas...lol

How wonderful a wedding!!! You must post some pictures when you get back from your Honeymoon!

I planned my whole wedding (2 of them) and my wedding brunch while I was at work. Thank goodness I had an on location wedding coordinator she was a big help, but since the hubby and I decided we didn't want to have anyone at the wedding but us...I was on my own with the plans. Hubby did help but you know us gals do most of the coordinating.

I have to say having been married twice, the first time I did the overblown family wedding (we are Italian it's like my big fat Greek wedding but with Italians) I hated it, it was not my scene. This time it was the hubby and I in LasVegas! We had 2 weddings. One big white wedding and then another wedding at the KISS hotter then Hell chapel! I had them both broadcast live over the internet for anyone who wanted to "watch" and I didn't have to hear a single comment! It was GREAT!

When we came home I had a family brunch for all the "family" parents inlaws kids and cousins it was wonderful. I didn't give a hoot what anyone had to say! They had so much food to eat they had no time to make comments :)

I hope you and your soon to be Hubby have the best wedding and are very very very happy!!!!

Yes, we live outside Las Vegas and this is a 3rd wedding for both of us so we are keeping in small..45 people. Vegas Wedding chapel with a cake cutting at a suite at Alexis Park Resort across from the Hard Rock Hotel. We have the suite for 3 days (it has a hot tub!) then we leave for the honeymoon. Our wedding can be watched on-line also for anyone interested. And I will post some pics once I return :)

Put the link up for the wedding! We had our first one at the MGM and then at the KISS chapel the day before we were going home! We had our cake cutting at the Top of the World.

Sadly..we were supposed to be having the wedding in Hawaii, and my husbands best friend died in a NYC fire only months before so we scrapped it all, shifted gears and went to Vegas. His friend would have been happy that we didn't let it stop us, it just would not have been the same in Hawaii though without him at that time.

I have to say that even a year going on 2 years later, we still think about what a great time we had!! I would share some photo's but they might be huge files...still fun to look at! Both hubby and I were at our largest size then...love to do it again when we are at goal!!

post-146347-0-18610100-1392231966_thumb.jpg post-146347-0-92867200-1392232002_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-35143600-1392232046_thumb.jpg post-146347-0-65710100-1392232028_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-78088600-1392232085_thumb.jpg

Put the link up for the wedding! We had our first one at the MGM and then at the KISS chapel the day before we were going home! We had our cake cutting at the Top of the World.

Sadly..we were supposed to be having the wedding in Hawaii, and my husbands best friend died in a NYC fire only months before so we scrapped it all, shifted gears and went to Vegas. His friend would have been happy that we didn't let it stop us, it just would not have been the same in Hawaii though without him at that time.

I have to say that even a year going on 2 years later, we still think about what a great time we had!! I would share some photo's but they might be huge files...still fun to look at! Both hubby and I were at our largest size then...love to do it again when we are at goal!!

attachicon.gif096411199.jpg attachicon.gifPD_0111.JPG

attachicon.gif096411182.JPG attachicon.gifStratosphere.jpg

attachicon.gifCopy (2) of DSC01772.JPG

Great photos! I know where most of those were taken...lol

Here's the link if you want to watch...http://www.702wedding.com/live/ - choose the tab for the Wedding Chapel

it's at 8:30 pm my time on 3/1/14. Sorry so late but we party to the wee hours here in Vegas :)

here's a couple of photos of me trying on my wedding dress...no it's not white. This is my 3rd time, I decided to wear my favorite color instead of what is expected...

how do you add attachments?

Edited by NewMeDebbie

I have found that I actually love food more now... Now that we have to chew it so much, we extract all the flavor out of it & get to enjoy its taste.

I had a taco salad today for lunch & I swear, it was AMAZING.

I do find that I get bored with food but then I go in search of new recipes. I find that I am trying at least one new recipe a week, sometimes even more. I went through a six month stint where I hated chicken. Thank God I'm past that! LOL

here's a couple of photos of me trying on my wedding dress...no it's not white. This is my 3rd time, I decided to wear my favorite color instead of what is expected...

how do you add attachments?

To add attachments click on the button that says more reply options that will open up the post and allow you to add your pictures.

when will we get to the place where not getting to eat a warm meal doesn't bother us any longer...lol??

Edited by NewMeDebbie

when will we get to the place where not getting to eat a warm meal doesn't bother us any longer...lol??

The microwave is my best friend! LOL