Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

loose skin after 50

Hello everyone, I am close to being sleeved. I just need the OK to schedule with the surgeon to get my date. anyway.....I was wondering what your experiences with loose skin are. I am 51 and I don't think any of my skin will shrink at my age. I am 5'6 and 242 down from high if 258. I do exercise.

I'm 63 at goal lots of loose skin, no amount of exercising is going to get rid of. Getting a Tummy Tuck this spring!

Sadly, yes. Am 52 and my skin is getting looser even now that my weight loss has slowed down. Was going to have breast reduction but now considering lower body lift. No amount of exercise is gong to make it spring back, lol!

Yes yes yes, I have experienced loose skin. I can't really go into details here, but read my blog!

Hello everyone, I am close to being sleeved. I just need the OK to schedule with the surgeon to get my date. anyway.....I was wondering what your experiences with loose skin are. I am 51 and I don't think any of my skin will shrink at my age. I am 5'6 and 242 down from high if 258. I do exercise.

I just attended my monthly support group meeting last week. One of the best plastic surgeons did a presentation there. He is from UCI. He explained that most plastic surgeons do not know or understand that doing plastic surgery on weight loss patients is very different than doing it on regular patients. He has kinda written the book on the differences in weight loss patients and how most surgeons perform the surgeries based on normal weight patients models. The results are usually disastrous and expensive. If you are really bothered by loose skin, make sure you have a surgeon who has LOTS of experience with weight loss patients. There are only about 5 of those in the country!!!! After watching the pros and cons of the surgeries, I will leave my loose skin alone unless it becomes a medical problem. The risks of complications are like 70%. Just my two cents. Good luck to those who are going to do it.

Hi, I'm 6 weeks out now. If anyone ever says to me "you took the easy way out" I think I might just scream! Having the sleeve done was and still is WORK! Sometimes Pain! Sometimes Weakness! Most of the time its Scary! Scared of the Unknown...what's coming next? If I eat this what will I feel? If drink this what will happen? What's gonna happen to all this loose skin? Will I ever have the energy level I had before? I guess for any of us the future is a big ? I just wait and hope and do and eat what my doctor tells me to. And take one day at a time.

I'm down 95+ pounds in 8 months, I still have 50+ pounds to lose. My weight loss has been slow but steady and I think that has helped give my skin time to shrink with me. I don't have any really saggy parts yet, but there is still a ways to go. I didn't do this surgery to become a Sports illustrated Swimsuit model, but to be healthy and do the things that obesity kept me from enjoying. I'm not going to worry about a few wrinkles or sags if I have made my body healthy and strong!

I'm 63 at goal lots of loose skin, no amount of exercising is going to get rid of. Getting a Tummy Tuck this spring!

I'm 57 and I have loose skin every where. I'm still working toward my goal which I'm hoping to reach by Sept. I plan on finding a PS in , Tyler, Texas.

I'll be 55 in June and had the surgery last August. Since I started the process at the end of last May, I have lost about 85 pounds. I had (still have) large thighs, but can see where they are getting saggy and or course my arms are still waving after I threw my arm up to say hello to someone YESTERDAY! lol Oh well.....I feel so much better and my arthritis pain is down from a 15+ on a scale of 1-10, to a 1-2 most days. I'm dancing again and working out in the pool some. I did this to get my mobility back, not to be beautiful without clothes. Not sure if I'll ever get plastic surgery or not. My insurance won't pay for it, so I'd have to pay out of pocket. I am the most concerned about my "neck" since it's showing some looseness right now. I set my goal at ONEderland (199 and under) because I don't want to try to get so thin that the skin becomes a physical AND emotional problem for me. That's still a good weight for me, I'm happy and healthy and will still have the curves that my boyfriend loves. :) I'm so glad that I did this....loose skin and all.

P.S. I have noticed that my top belly roll is less "firm" than it was before I'd lost weight. I am wearing fitted stretch camisoles with spandex in them to give me some support and I look a lot better in my clothes too.

I am 51, was sleeved at 50. I've lost 188lbs as I type this and made the mistake of looking at my backside in the mirror. :-( That being said I am healthier, more active, and no longer taking high blood pressure or diabetes meds. A couple days ago I bought the first 1X shirt since the early 1990s.

I'll live with the loose skin until it causes me medical issues.

I am 54, sleeved at the end of last May. I do have "loose" skin on my thighs, abs and my breasts are "flat" so I guess the skin is loose there too.

I plan on having my upper arms "trimmed" after I get to my goal weight but haven't decided if I will have any other surgery.

Yes! Loose skin everywhere. I look like I'm melting :(

Even crinkly wrinkly calves!! Oh well....it's ok. The worst part for me is my falling face and neck. Ugh!

Vsg oct 2012

Sw 300

Cw 215

F/52

5'10"

size now 14/16

Down 89 pounds overall & yes loose skin. What I was surprised at is how little it bothers me. It was one of the things I was most worried about but now I just feel so much better that I don't really care

Cant i just have an all over fat transfer done to the parts i need extra fat back.ie: the girls. :) lol