Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday I had a lot of feelings of anger. I am almost 4 weeks out and am wondering if this is me getting frustrated with my lack of control. Or almost me being in the angry stages of morning the good bye to binges.

My anger started at an under armor outlet with my family. My mom a fit 5'8 woman size 12/14 did not fit into their XL clothes, but my overweight father 42 inch wisest had no problem finding his size. It really upsets me how this country/ world is seeming so much more ok with overweight men than woman. Arg!

I got really frustrated with myself because as the day went on I could tell I was being very short with my son. My flight home was cancelled, so I was missing my OA meeting which I find very helpful. I ended up going to a local meeting by my parents house. If was different, but I still think it helped.

I don't know the point of this post, but maybe I'm wondering if anyone else has had these anger issues come up? Maybe I am just feeling it more because I can't drug myself with food.

One of my good friends had a sleeve about 4 months before me and when she was about at your point she said to me, 'The biggest problem with this that I didn't expect is that I have to FEEL my feelings." I think it's an adjustment that many of us go through.

I know I was short and snappish for a while around 2-3 weeks out and the other theory is that you have both the after-effects of surgery to deal with, and that for whatever reason, losing weight unleashes a hormonal flood that really makes us emotional.

So yes, it's perfectly normal and if you ride it out a little longer it should mostly go away. But we all have to figure out how to deal with anger and sadness without the old fallback.

I read about those feelings a lot here, the anger. Frustrations.

I think winter doldrums might also be a source, and we can look forward to sunshine, getting outdoors, taking a walk, or sitting in the park which will help a lot. Exercise is great so try to get the body in gear. Good for you taking advantage of the OA meetings. Never stop clawing your way to the top!!!!!

I hear you regarding size difference: My daughter found this article and she sent it to me...You might find it a good read too!!

http://theantijared.com/2013/11/dear-luluemon-founder-chip-wilson-rip-pants-size-20.html

Yeah! Lets get angry at 'the system'. I love getting angry at the system, me :D

Don't you think it is so true though...I wear Xl, L, M....in clothes depending on the make..And I hate it!!!!!!!!

Great articles. The size discrimination really bothers me. My sister is 6' and typically ~ 180 and super fit ( she is pregnant right now, so a bit more). She lifts, runs and does yoga constantly, and still because she is a 10/12 she can't fit into some of these clothes. It is absurd!

Arg.

I do think I am feeling the feelings and it is tough. It is harder because I have been away from home for almost two weeks, so I haven't been to my therapist or support groups in a while. I'm hoping the weather in Chicago calms down so I can get home tomorrow. It is a double edge sword, I get so much support from my family, but am feeling like I need some me / alone time.

Thank you everyone for being here :)

Oh and yes the system - definitely the cause of all my problems.

Edited by Stacy_wls

Hi Stacy! I see we both used Dr. Tiesenga. Hope you get home today! Stay warm.

Hey! How neat. Do you go to any of the support groups? I have been to a couple, the people seem really nice.

When was your surgery date? Mine was 12/12/13.

It's nice to meets you :). I hope you are staying inside and warm out there. I can't believe how crazy it has been out there.

At the three to four week mark, I became so moody - I'd bark at my husband or son at the drop of the hat. I was angry - pissed off, really and I couldn't identify why.

It lasted for about a week and now it's gone. Right now, I feel at peace.

I'm sure there's another round of rage hidden inside of me, we just need to take it one day at a time.

Hang in there...