Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been carb sensitive since day 1. I work around it and occasionally suck it up and deal with it because there are times where I'm just gonna eat it. Period. (And when I say eat it, it's not really bad stuff....it's a bowl of oatmeal or occasionally a cookie). I've always been curious about dumping off fats. Seemed weird to me! I understood the sugar crash from carbs and symptoms associated with it, but the fat thing sounded different. Well, Waffle House kicked my butt this a.m. And I now know the miseries of dumping off fats. My butt is not amused. (Although, overall, it's not as miserable as carb dumping, at least for me). (FYI cheesie scrambled eegs and bacon, the bacon was super fatty, almost certain it was the culprit)

Edited by SoccerMomma73

Dump till ya die eh????
YEP THAT WOULD BE ME.
I never dumped until month 8. I have dumped about 5 times now. And dumping made me feel like I wanted to DIE!
It is indecribable for me. Carvel ice cream was the culprit 2x and cheesedoodles 1x - in very small amounts.
It felt like the WORST anxiety attack ever - sweats, shakes, madness, irritablility, and pain. I NEVER want to experience it again. Luckily it was not in my butt :D
I remember posting here during one dump time. I was desperate for someone to tell me how to make it stop.

I recently experienced the FOAMIES too - NEVER AGAIN. I held myself over a spoon of catfood to make myself puke. Thank god!

Edited by Cherry

Ok, what is the FOAMIES? I'm half amused, half frightened!

Dump till ya die eh????

YEP THAT WOULD BE ME.

I never dumped until month 8. I have dumped about 5 times now. And dumping made me feel like I wanted to DIE!

It is indecribable for me. Carvel ice cream was the culprit 2x and cheesedoodles 1x - in very small amounts.

It felt like the WORST anxiety attack ever - sweats, shakes, madness, irritablility, and pain. I NEVER want to experience it again. Luckily it was not in my butt :D

I remember posting here during one dump time. I was desperate for someone to tell me how to make it stop.

I recently experienced the FOAMIES too - NEVER AGAIN. I held myself over a spoon of catfood to make myself puke. Thank god!

Cherry, did the dumping occur twenty to thirty minutes after the ice cream/cheesedoodles (early dumping) or two or more hours after (late dumping)?

the dumping was 20-30 mins later. I guess since I wasn't positive what was happening or what the culprit was (the Carvel), I tortured myself 2 days later to confirm by eating some again (dumb dumb dumb - and NEVER again)!

Foamies was something I never really heard about on this forum...

I ate too much, then drank some OJ.... I immediately noticed that I had to burp but could not - like the OJ coated my throat.... then the food felt so stuffing, I felt so sick (like the full feeling of eating enough Pasta it is up to your neck)... but I COULD NOT burp nor throw up. I was so scared and nervous. I did everything to make myself throw up but could not - and I could not Breathe..... then finally I decided to smell the cat's food and I gagged and threw up FOAM - tons of it - like imagine you drank peroxide and it all foamed up out of your belly through your mouth.

So I googled foam and gastric bypass and found slews of unfo about something called "foamies". It was far worse than dumping because 1) I could not breathe nor burp up air and 2) I didn't understand where the foam came from.

The info I found says it has to do with gas not being able to come up and it bubbles up.

yikes, now fully scared! yes, that sounds terrible, but thankfully somewhat rare?

yikes, now fully scared! yes, that sounds terrible, but thankfully somewhat rare?

Based on what I found on google, it seems to be pretty common for those who overeat or eat too quickly. I guess if we all did this perfectly, then we probably wouldn't even dump, no less get foamies :blush: but many are creature of habit OR need a bad experience to not repeat the bad habit.

With exception to the few late stage dumping episodes and that 1 time foamie, I have been without incident and very successful including going through the entire surgery alone :D (it was a 'secret bypass' ;) )

Secret bypass! I love it! I'm having a semi secret myself, I've been faking gallbladder issues at work for a month now, lol.

Secret bypass! I love it! I'm having a semi secret myself, I've been faking gallbladder issues at work for a month now, lol.

HA! Good for you! funny you say because for anyone who happens to see my scars, I have said they were from my gallbladder removal (RIP gallbladder 7 years ago).

Edited by Cherry

I have not dumped once and nothing brothers me!! I hate it!

HA! Good for you! funny you say because for anyone who happens to see my scars, I have said they were from my gallbladder removal (RIP gallbladder 7 years ago).

I figure, it's not *exactly* a lie, my insurance requires the gallbladder or at the same surgery! Lol. One of my Co workers asked which side it hurts on and I just kinda laughed awkwardly (no idea, lol) I'm the worst liar!

I have not dumped once and nothing brothers me!! I hate it!

when in April was your surgery? Mine was 17th.

Not much bothers me either - so I thought. I avoided most sugary things such as I never ate icecream nor cheese doodles. Then I tried them and boom. Then I tried the carvel once more just to torture myself :/

LOL

when in April was your surgery? Mine was 17th.

Not much bothers me either - so I thought. I avoided most sugary things such as I never ate icecream nor cheese doodles. Then I tried them and boom. Then I tried the carvel once more just to torture myself :/

LOL

April 11th. I pretty much behave all the time except during Christmas I ate my Carmel's I make and the gut of my cheesecake. But a bite of other things here and there. I really thought the candy would of done it. I haven't tried chips or anything like that yet but I do drink wine every once in a while and no effects there either. I did try coconut milk ice cream once but it did not bother me. I just want some payback I guess so I don't go nuts with the bad things.

Also fruits do not bother me one bit either.

Not rare at all. VERY common! It happens when you eat too fast, eat too much, or eat food that is too dry. And sometimes it happens for no apparent reason at all. I haven't had it happen for months and this past week it happened three times. :-p