Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foaming at the mouth-- literally

I was banded yesterday- in a couple of hours it will be two days ago. But recently I have litterally started to well foam at the mouth. The problem started I suppose I few hours ago. I guess I drank too much all at once when I took my nightly pills-- nearly 8 ounces at once. I had been working up to larger amounts and I thought it would be ok, but I guess I was wrong because I felt restriction! So after some slime comming up and lots of burping and discomfort everything seemed to go down. But then After that I was still burping now and then seemed to have some more discomfort than before I drank so I wasn't drinking except for a tiny sip now and then but then I started to experence post nasal drip-- I hadn't taken all my pills. My decongestant is big and I would have had to chop it up into several little pieces requiring several more swallows of Water. But due to this post nasal drip I started to experience more burping and some gaging/retching. And then some foaming. The foaming is wierd. I'll gag/retch a little-- I think its due to the post nasal drip-- and then a huge mouthfull of foam will come back up. Like more than just a little. And I mean foam foam. Maybe a pill got stuck or something? It sort of feels like GERD... I'm still on Clear liquids and haven't cheated or anything. I managed to get about half of a decongestant down in bits (I take guiaphenex so its a big pill)...

I've never heard of foaming... Not sure what to do. Should I try a tiny bit of kaopetctate? Should I stop drinking completely? No one at surgeons office at this time of night of course...

Then this morning there was blood in my urine-- I could tell that when I went to wipe. There had been a tiny bit initially that had gone away but today there was a lot. The toilet was almost brown from it. The tummy and band are doing better, but I feel pretty weak/wiped out and nervous about drinking stuff and taking my meds. I think I will call the office and see about if I should move on to full liquids or stay on clears a bit longer and any other advice... Hope they don't tell me to go anywhere.

Wow, I have never heard of that happening. The foaming may be from a combination of mucous(nasal) slim and Water and meds. I really suggest you switch to liquid meds or tiny pills especially right now when you are probably really swollen. Remember to always sip your water, later on you may or may not be able to gulp but I sure don't recommend gulping now. As for the blood in the urine, I am not sure what that might be maybe your body getting rid of some internal bleeding from surgery? No clue, just a wild guess. I would say call your surgeons office asap and ask what to do.

No foaming, but I seem to have this taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of. It's pretty nasty. One day my tongue was completely white. I think it's the liquid diet. Or maybe body just burning it's own fat. They say that puts a bad taste in your mouth. Not sure. Hope you get to feeling better.

doc's office said that with the foam and stuff I probably irritated the band and to stay on Clear Liquids for a day or so until it was feeling better. And to just spread pill taking over long period of time. The blood they said wasn't related to the band and was probably UTI or something and to call my GP about that. So I will do that. I'm not running a fever and thats a good thing, I think.

I was banded on march 1, I felt great from the first day. When I got home I start to stain and then a full period which I have not had for a couple of months. Between not eating and bleeding really bad I had no strenght. I wounder if that was related to the operation. Well hope you are doing better. Iam feeling back to myself....good luck

well hormones are stored in fat and when you burn the fat the hormones are released which means for many women they start menstruating heavy or more often or finally after a long time of not. I would guess most of the pre menopausal women on this site experienced some changes to their periods in the first month or so after surgery, I know I had my first one in over a year.

Its not my period... For one thing I'm on birth control (nuva ring) and that makes my period really regular. I have my ring still in and it would be too early for that. Plus I'm sure its in my urine and so forth and not from another source. So I'm having my hubby get me some cranberry juice. And I'll see if I can't see my GP soon or at least leave a message for her. I'm pretty sure at the walk in clinic they would just tell me to go to the ER and I don't feel up to sitting there for a long time.