Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared! Here's My Story...

Had gastric bypass 11/11/13 went home and something wasn't right, went through hell and back to finally be admitted to the hospital were I went into a coma for 4 days, had 2 blood transfusions and had to stay in the hospital until I learned how to walk talk and semi eat.... Although through all that time all I ate was ice chips... I was released home a day before thanksgiving.... Thanksgiving passed and I had a slice of apple & sucked on an orange (but didn't eat it) I guess I experienced dumping & dehydration that night because I was super cold, dizzy, couldn't walk, nausea, (threw up a little blood) and diarrhea (so I thought) while in bed I couldn't get up so I super soiled myself with what I thought was poop (sorry TMI) but it was more blood than poop... husband called doctor & confirmed it was dumping (although the blood wasn't explained) .... Days have passed and I've been too scared to eat I've been drinking Water only... My body started experiencing body aches... And it's been harder to move...

That's my story so far... I'm writing because I just feel like my body wanted to give up... I'm scared of well dying... Nobody understands me because they don't feel the feeling I have inside... I keep having dreams of it happening... I'm scared and have no one to talk to its weird how I'm feeling I hope I'm super wrong and this fear of eating goes away... I just needed to vent and share my story ..

Have you called your doctor?

To tell him about my pain? Or my fear of eating ... He can give me meds for pain but what will he do about my fear? Not much I just needed to vent

Your dealing with pain that might not be normal. And the fear can be handled with a counselor. I started with a counselor after the months post op. It did me a world of Good.

You need to call your doctor and get both physical and psychological help, not vent on the internet.

Please use some common sense here and get professional help when you are obviously not well. Yes, they can help you deal with the fear and anxiety!

If you postpone dealing with this you may soon end up in the hospital with serious problems, so pick up the phone and call your doctor's office NOW.

Edited by TurnThePage

Something is not right.... either go to a different doctor or go to the ER. If your doctor did not address your bloody bowel movement then he is not a good doctor !!! Find someone else !! Don't wait do it now.

Agree with the above..fear is nature and there's help for it. Passing blood in that amount is not normal and is not part of dumping. Something is very wrong physically and you need help now. Please go to the ER and update us when you can.

Being a patient that had complications I would absolutely be at the ER ASAP! Blood coming out if you is never a good thing. Plus if you feel something is wrong see a doctor! I'm sorry you are going through this but please please go see someone. Thank god I did, it saved my life. Please keep us updated if you can.

Also I must say that when I was in the hospital getting blood transfusion I also thought I was going to die. I think it's normal to start to feel like that when you go through what you are going through. It was very touch and go for me while I was in the hospital dealing with a leak, an infection, and a abscess. I think it's a great idea to seek help from a counselor, but please address the physical issues first.

Also I must say that when I was in the hospital getting blood transfusion I also thought I was going to die. I think it's normal to start to feel like that when you go through what you are going through. It was very touch and go for me while I was in the hospital dealing with a leak, an infection, and a abscess. I think it's a great idea to seek help from a counselor, but please address the physical issues first.

I pray you feel better and that you get whatever assistance you need to continue on "the journey" as my doctors office calls it (pretty good journey to the bank for them too me thinks!)

As your support group.. Please believe many that have been though some of your issues BUT .. Please see someone that will address a BM with more blood than anything! Not dumping.. But some kind of internal bleed! Go NOW to a reputable hospital.. Ask for another general surgeon or gastro dr to elevate you PLEASE...

I have to agree. You are your own best advocate and your health depends on it. Please seek medical treatment. Sometimes a problem doesn't need to go too long as some complications/issues can be extremely dangerous. Please update us in how you are doing and hoping things get better for u soon.

I think with your listed complications you do need to seek a second opinion ASAP!...however, I had a similar experience with the bowels. Although, I didn't have the complications. When I talked to my dr he explained that there can be a moderate amount of blood in your stool for a little while. He reminded me of all the work he did inside the stomach and intestinal wall. Obviously, if it is still actively bleeding that is a problem, but he explained the bowels is really the only way to expel the excess or remaining blood. And there is likely to be more blood than stool because of the lack of food intake. I hope everything works out well for you and you're okay!

I sure hope you get the help you need. Please keep us posted and I will keep you in my prayers.

Please let us know how you are doing. I've been watching this post and hoping for an update from you. Hope things are going well for you and you are feeling good :-)