Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October sleevers - what are you sble to eat 2 weeks post op?

I would also like to know. I've tried solid foods now and then, only to throw it up and feel sick for hours afterwards. I mainly have 2 Protein Shakes a day, in one if them I pour a huge capful of the liquid vitamins- just to get them down. I can eat Greek yogurt, refried Beans, cottage cheese &eggs make me gag.

Edited by Ellenenchanted

I can manage cottage cheese now. I have a Protein Shake made with milk for Breakfast, and mostly Soup for the rest of the day. Past couple of days I have eaten a crusket with a slice of ham. Goes down very well. My NUT told me about cruskets. I do get hungry though. Sometimes I feel starving, but just can't eat! Still, I guess that's the idea :-)

I'm 9 days out and I'm eating lots of stuff now. tuna salad, chicken salad, Ostrim meat sticks. So far my sleeve has handled it all without trouble. I'm playing it safe and keeping it on the soft/moist side, anything I can chew into paste consistancy seems to be perfectly fine for me.

I am 3 weeks post and I am doing well. Weekend I will make a mini scramble eggs with low fat cheese a bake os

Usually a shake for lunch and Isopure for Protein then what every we make for dinner. A Protein. chicken or fish so far an mash potatoes ( one spoonful) and 1 spoon full of veggies. ( I usually cannot eat all of the dinner. Sometimes I save it for the next night. During the workweek

Breakfast a shake

lunch tuna

snack - peaches

Dinner

Snack- usually skim milk

But I checked today and ha a homemade chocolate chip cookie( very small)

Ok- I had my sleeve done 10/27. My recovery was amazing-didn't even feel like I had surgery. Here is what is going on with me- I don't feel full. I can drink an entire glass of Water. Obviously I'm trying to follow my nuts advice, but so far I have no signals telling me to stop. Any advice? Is this just me?

Ok- I had my sleeve done 10/27. My recovery was amazing-didn't even feel like I had surgery. Here is what is going on with me- I don't feel full. I can drink an entire glass of Water. Obviously I'm trying to follow my nuts advice, but so far I have no signals telling me to stop. Any advice? Is this just me?

I am the exact same. Fluids absolutely will not fill me up. Eating some solid food most definitely does though, so don't worry about it, I had the same concerns at first.

Two weeks out. I'm on full liquids now. Able to add cream of wheat--that was wonderful. Having a fun time trying to determine how much is enough and too much. Right now, looks like about 5-6 ounces of Soup, and about 1/2 cup of cream of wheat. C of W doesn't have enough Protein but it sure is a nice change. I also get to add in yogurt. I was so distracted that I forgot about those two things until now.

Still amazed at the differences in post-op diets. I think my doc is one of the most conservative out there, because we go to purees at 4 weeks and mushies at 6…and there are even guidelines as to what mushies to add when. The program is laid out for at least 8 weeks.

I am the exact same. Fluids absolutely will not fill me up. Eating some solid food most definitely does though, so don't worry about it, I had the same concerns at first.

I am the same way. I have lost about 30 pounds since I went on the pre op diet but I too can eat solids that I chew very well and have had no problems. I guess as long as I keep losing I shouldn't really worry? I have no trouble with liquids either or liquids and solids at the same time so I am still a little concerned about that. Surgery day was nov 4/13. Anyone have any advice?

I'm three weeks and two days post-op and I'm still on a full liquid diet and will be until four weeks out. My doc is REALLY conservative! I'm not even so sure I'll be doing pureed food after four weeks; guess I'll find out Friday when I go for my second follow up. I've been using GNC Lean Protein shakes since they meet my doctors requirements, are very easy to take with you and they taste good. They have a limited edition pumpkin Spice flavor that is actually really good. My GNC lets you taste flavors before you buy them (pre-mixed ones) and still allows you to return stuff later if it doesn't work out for you. I've also been using MyBariatricPantry cream of chicken Soup for a little change every now and then. It has 20 grams of Protein per pack. I've even had some V-8 juice and tolerated it very well. I'm sipping two sometimes three different liquids at a time all through the day so I'm a bit concerned that when the time comes to start pureed foods that I'll trip myself up with the liquids. The dreaded 30-30 rule! I'm looking forward to this journey and all the advice this forum provides. Thanks for letting me ride along. :D

I am 3.5 weeks out as well. Able to eat all types of mushy foods - cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, yogurt, applesauce, etc. Have tried a few bites of meat - had some lamb yesterday that I had boiled to make broth for something I was cooking this weekend and I tolerated it really well. I am using NowSports whey Protein Isolate unflavored to add to get additional protein - I am supposed to have 90g per day. I buy it on Amazon - has 25g protein in a scoop. I found it hard to get in all the protein with as little as we can eat so I have to have a couple of Protein Shakes during the day to get it all in. Have hit a couple of plateau's already so have to practice much patience and it finally breaks - remember to drink your liquids.