Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Watching the season premier of biggest loser tonight. There is -26, -20, -16 and -12 on one team in one week. One guy dropped 38 lb. Incredible! What do you think of those losses for a single week? That would be pretty awesome to drop 26 lb in a week. What is the most you have dropped in a week with VSG. I think the best drop I had was 12 and that was like week 2. Average during loss period was 2-3 lb a week, but in reality was 2 weeks of drop and two weeks of stall after 2 months.

I have never watched the how, but last night, I watched My 600lbs life on TLC. They were telling the story of a woman named Melissa who started at 651lbs. For 7 years cameras followed as she had gastric bypass and subsequent surgeries to remove excess skin. She eventually got down to about 150lbs, gained a bit back and eventually had a baby.

I think she's in the 180 lbs range now but boy has she been through the ringer. It really makes me grateful for my own life and that I have been able to course correct.

It is crazy! Well OK I technically dropped 24 pounds in the first 6 days post op BUT I had gained 12 lbs in Water so technically.... I lost 12lbs in one week and I was proud of myself!

Biggest Loser is interesting...It just doesn't seem sustainable. They work those ppl out like it is their JOB. It is inspiring to watch tho.

I used to get reqlly into the show & get inspired. But then I read a follow up article, and most of them gain the weight back. I felt betrayed in a way....I kinda feel now like they mislead the audience. >shrug< just havent been into watching it ever since i read that. Plus, the product placement (advertising within the show) is pretty shameless! Just my opinion...

I used to get reqlly into the show & get inspired. But then I read a follow up article' date=' and most of them gain the weight back. I felt betrayed in a way....I kinda feel now like they mislead the audience. >shrug< just havent been into watching it ever since i read that. Plus, the product placement (advertising within the show) is pretty shameless! Just my opinion...[/quote']

I lost interest also when the contestants starting drinking gallons of Water before a weigh in that they were safe in so that the next week when they were not safe, they would have huge drop and not be kicked off.

Just disappointed because it really is inspiring but I just don't like "playing the game".

I remember reading somewhere that one of the "winners" from one of the early seasons gained it all back plus more.

That was always my problem. I hired a personal trainer for a while and also a personal dietician, and took Alli when it was called Xenical. The 3 things combined worked...for a bit anyways...but then I found an excuse to skip a week...then another week, and eventually gained it all back and then some.

Mind you, for a while I could do like 100 push-ups and wear those obnoxious tight muscle-boy shirts....I almost had a 6-pack. But I was always so hungry....always all the time.

I remember reading somewhere that one of the "winners" from one of the early seasons gained it all back plus more.

That was always my problem. I hired a personal trainer for a while and also a personal dietician' date=' and took Alli when it was called Xenical. The 3 things combined worked...for a bit anyways...but then I found an excuse to skip a week...then another week, and eventually gained it all back and then some.

Mind you, for a while I could do like 100 push-ups and wear those obnoxious tight muscle-boy shirts....I almost had a 6-pack. But I was always so hungry....always all the time.[/quote']

Yes I dropped a ton of weight 95lbs. In 6 mos) and I was ALWAYS hungry as well. Well that and I spent 3 hours in the pool a day swimming laps. My husband and I got on this health kick and he and I turned on each other big time. We were constantly fighting. :/ I think if we had kept it up, it may have cost our marriage. We fell off the wagon when we went to Florida for a week.

But, I guess the sleeve was meant to be for me :) Now hubby and I don't fight much. We are much closer than we were when we were starving all the time lol

After watching the episode, I was pretty amazed that the trainers were putting people (weights ranging from 250 up to almost 500) through what are essentially cross fit workouts. They were doing kettle bell swings, burpees, etc. at morbid obesity weight !!!! That is really something. How inspiring is that? They were also puking left and right. Ignore that part... :)

one month 16, I averaged 12 a moth the first 5 or 6 months then 10 or so....

So my doctor in Mexico? Their office has operated on some of the people on biggest losers. They were too professional to tell me who, and I don't watch TV so It wouldn't have meant anything, but apparently some of those people have had VSG.

So my doctor in Mexico? Their office has operated on some of the people on biggest losers. They were too professional to tell me who' date=' and I don't watch TV so It wouldn't have meant anything, but apparently some of those people have had VSG.[/quote']

Wow, are you stating they had WLS before being contestants on biggest loser? That I am not sure of that. Most of the weigh ins are done sans shirts and you don't see evidence (scars). That would be quite an unfair advantage if someone with WLS participated on biggest loser. Maybe some clever video editing...

Wow' date=' are you stating they had WLS before being contestants on biggest loser? That I am not sure of that. Most of the weigh ins are done sans shirts and you don't see evidence (scars). That would be quite an unfair advantage if someone with WLS participated on biggest loser. Maybe some clever video editing...[/quote']

That what I was told. Hearsay but credible source.. I've never watched the show so i don't really know how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

They make make-up that'll cover up tattoos/scars etc. I think the ladies & ppl w/ less cheat hair would have more luck covering then the hairy guys.

allons-y

Oh the horrors! Loss of innocence!! Lol.

Those participants still are really inspirational in their efforts.