Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Broken headlight

Mrs Husker
Sign in to follow this  

:angry :angry I am beyond livid right now and it has nothing to do with surgery. :angry :angry

I live in Nebraska and if you have been watching the news, you see that we just got over a foot of snow yesterday. I work for the state at an aquarium and we all took yesterday off as our office is in the country and the plows never get to us before 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Now my boss came in and plowed 1 strip through the front (customer) and back (employee) parking lots last night. So when I got in today about 7:45am we had very limited parking. My boss came down about 8:30 to finish plowing and backed a truck into my car and broke my driver side headlight. I thought no big deal, I just get it replaced and get reimbursed. Wrong!!! It could take up to 4 weeks to get approval but I was told that if I wanted to, I could take it in and have it fixed and take the chance that it wouldn’t be reimbursed. It’s $170.51 just for the flipping headlight ,not counting the labor to install it. What a crock of $@&*. My surgery day is March 20. We are remodeling our kitchen. My house is a flipping mess. My new cabinets will be here on March 9. My pre-op testing is March 12. We have to put in a new sub-floor in the kitchen for the new tile. We are removing the soffet (sp) because we got larger upper cabinets. I didn’t have any clean socks today for work and am wearing my dd. It’s not like I don’t have a lot on my mind and on my plate right now. I realize that they are responsible and should pay for it, but, should I take the chance of getting it fixed and not being reimbursed, or take the chance of getting a ticket for driving with a busted headlight that they will not reimburse?

I need a drink, and I don’t mean of a Protein Shake.< /span>

Thanks for being there.

I realize that they are responsible and should pay for it, but, should I take the chance of getting it fixed and not being reimbursed, or take the chance of getting a ticket for driving with a busted headlight that they will not reimburse?
Take the chance and get it fixed ASAP. Like you said, they won't pay for a ticket. Ask your boss to pay to have it replaced and tell him that you will pay him back when you get reimbursed.

Hmm...are there any disclaimer signs in the parking lot? Is it owned by the aquarium?

A month is a long time to go with no headlight. One way or the other you want to get it fixed. You can't go popeye b/c they won't pay for it.

Maybe yu could run it through your insurance? That way they're working with your employer's insurance and you don't have to do that much. I don't know for sure, and it might depend on the ownership of the lot land.

At least you had clean underwear. :)

I have an appt to get it fixed Monday at 2:00. I will leave work at 1:30 and take the rest of the day and NOT count it as vacation just becaused they really pissed me off. I love my job and I love being out here in the middle of nowhere. For the most part, even though we are part of the state, we are left alone.