Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision Surgery - Band With Plication Set For My Birthday!

I know everybody is different but when I first got my band I was still hungry after surgery (granted it was empty) now I seem to not be hungry at all. Plus I losing more weight now with the plication then I did before with the band. I'm not saying that plication is better than the band because it to early to say that but I am noticing differences and its only been one week.

That's good to hear though as my big day is comin soon:) you know what else is nice? That there is barely no complications on the board, granted its a newer surgery, but that's still nice! Keep in touch! Are you still on liquids then?

That's good to hear though as my big day is comin soon:) you know what else is nice? That there is barely no complications on the board' date=' granted its a newer surgery, but that's still nice! Keep in touch! Are you still on liquids then?[/quote']

No I'm on what my Dr. calls a soft cream diet day 6-10, its anything you can mash with a fork. The only thing I've really eaten are Soup, pudding, and mashed potatoes. I have 1/2 cup at a time and that's all it takes. And of course I'm still drinking my Protein as well.

No I'm on what my Dr. calls a soft cream diet day 6-10' date=' its anything you can mash with a fork. The only thing I've really eaten are Soup, pudding, and mashed potatoes. I have 1/2 cup at a time and that's all it takes. And of course I'm still drinking my Protein as well.[/quote']

That's fantastic! So how much water/ Protein drinks do you get down in a day? Do you mix Protein with your Water or actual Meal Replacement drinks?

That's fantastic! So how much water/ Protein drinks do you get down in a day? Do you mix Protein with your Water or actual Meal Replacement drinks?

I'm drink between 37.5-45 grams of protein a day and I.m not sure on the Water I am sipping all day. I'm sure I could be drinking more water its just hard because I focus on the protein. When I first had my lapband it was never a problem for me to get my daily protein in through food, but I did find a Protein Drink that I liked and I still use. I can't drink that powder stuff, I drink the Atkins Protein Drinks that's the only brand that I found that I like best.

Hello all,

I had my band with plication surgery back in Sept. It's been 2 1/2 mos and I'm loving life! Have had no complications at all (thank goodness)...I've also haven't need a fill yet (feeling satisfied on 3 meals and one small snack between lunch and dinner). I usually stay around 1000 cals for the day. I was a food grazer pre-banding and would constantly crave food all the time...since the surgery that is gone. I had 1 hershey kiss today and that was it...didnt "need" anymore. Pre-band/plication I would have had to consume the bag.

It's a whole new world. I eat every food (except triscuits--found out they just make me feel uncomfortable-think they swell up too much)....There is no deprivation at all and I'm feeling good now that I'm down 55 lbs.

I do follow all of my docs "rules" and walk for exercise. It's nice not to have food ruling my life anymore. Hoping for continued success in all areas of this WLS journey that I've begun!!