Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought those days are over but here I am fighting with food again. I really need to up my calories to 1000 a day and my Protein to 60-80 but I'm still barely making 800 calories and 60-80 Protein. I drink two Protein shakes a day so that's what is currently helping me get that high. The problem is, either it tastes bad or the texture is bothering me. Having to chew the hell out of everything is making me notice texture things that I never noticed before and it's grossing me out. The only things that taste ok to me don't have protein and I NEED the protein. The shakes are bugging me because absolutely everything tastes too sweet now. If I could just eat carbs I'd be ok but I can't.

At first nothing bothered me to eat and now the only thing I enjoy is a refreshing fudgsicle. Everything else is work. I may have to go to nothing but shakes for a while, I dont know. One of my favorites was always shrimp. Wow, when you have to chew things to a pulp shrimp has some really gross texture properties lol. I could barely choke them down. I cant tolerate tacos even though I could before because they stick. Everything sticks except liquids which are fine.

I'm not regretting having the surgery at all. I haven't regretted it for a minute but I have to figure out how I can eat! I'm scared to try Pasta. Can you guys tolerate it?

How long have you been post op?

I'm having a hard time to no energy I have tried everything I'm back to liquid that all I can take in

Mz Shay

I'm having a hard time to no energy I have tried everything I'm back to liquid that all I can take in

Mz Shay

You get energy from Protein. Increase your Protein and make sure you are not over doing things as far as physical activity.

You get energy from Protein. Increase your Protein and make sure you are not over doing things as far as physical activity.

Trust me no activity at all I can't take in much I'm trying so hard I think I'm just gonna do shakes and Water food will come later I'm only 3week out

Mz Shay

I'm 5 weeks and 5 days out. I hope you feel better Mz Shay!

I'm 5 weeks and 5 days out. I hope you feel better Mz Shay!

Me to I'm getting depressed

Mz Shay

Me to I'm getting depressed

Mz Shay

Don't get depressed - remember you just had major surgery. Everyone's body deals with surgery differently. Make sure though to get out and do as much as you body can tolerate. No activity can be just as harmful as too much.

Don't get depressed - remember you just had major surgery. Everyone's body deals with surgery differently. Make sure though to get out and do as much as you body can tolerate. No activity can be just as harmful as too much.

Yea I tried to but can't do much some days are better than others imma take it slow

Mz Shay

Try adding unflavored Protein to chicken or beef broth to make warm drinks. The savory flavor is a welcome change from sweet Protein shakes. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury sells a very good chicken Soup protein mix.

Attending the weekly support groups offered by your surgeon's office will help you with weekly tips and the emotional support you need. Short term therapy with someone specializing in weight loss issues might also be helpful. Exercise gives you more energy and helps fight depression. Autumn is a beautiful season to get out and walk. You just have to drag yourself out the first few times, even if you feel tired, to discover how much better you will feel. Good luck.

Try adding unflavored Protein to chicken or beef broth to make warm drinks. The savory flavor is a welcome change from sweet Protein shakes. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury sells a very good chicken Soup Protein mix.

Attending the weekly support groups offered by your surgeon's office will help you with weekly tips and the emotional support you need. Short term therapy with someone specializing in weight loss issues might also be helpful. Exercise gives you more energy and helps fight depression. Autumn is a beautiful season to get out and walk. You just have to drag yourself out the first few times' date=' even if you feel tired, to discover how much better you will feel. Good luck.[/quote']

Today is good day just bought a ellipitical machine hope bit helps

Mz Shay

Today is good day just bought a ellipitical machine hope bit helps

Mz Shay

I've been dying for an elliptical. I think I might try to find one on Craigslist. I'm getting bored with my treadmill.

I've been dying for an elliptical. I think I might try to find one on Craigslist. I'm getting bored with my treadmill.

I have a treadmill I'm scared to get on it I rather walk outside maybe one day I'll get on it lol

Mz Shay