Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*rant* friggin commercials!!

I save the daily newspapers and read them during the commercial breaks. This is why commercials don't usually bother me too much. Sometimes I stay up quite late watching TV because I haven't finished reading all the papers. At the end of the evening there they are, thrown all over the floor. The next morning I collect them and any empty Water bottles that happen to be lying around and toss them into the appropriate recycle garbage bins.

Nevertheless, I did catch the occasional food ad by accident while I was on the liquid phase post-op and the experience was cruel. I do find, however, that the food always looks nicer on TV than it does when you are half-way finished eating it.

I just have to laugh when someone (or some group) sues a manufacturer and the manufacturer says that "you bought our product of your own free will".

It cost $5,200,000 for a one minute commercial during the Super Bowl.

It cost $2,600,000 for a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl.

It cost about $900,000 for a 10 second commercial during the Super Bowl.

That is not counting the production costs to make the commercial which cost as much as another $1,000,000 though usually "only" about a quarter of that.

Does anyone believe that the people who put commercials on the Super Bowl were doing it to spread the money around?

They spent that money to get us to buy their products. They hire psychologists and other experts on human behavior to know what to put into the adds to induce us to buy their products.

They are at war with our minds. They are winning.

Now that I am banded, I want to eat things on TV that I never wanted before, and know I can't have....Like a SUBWAY sub. I have never been a sub eater, and all of a sudden, I want one so bad I can't stand it....it is so thick and nice looking with all those meat and veggies on a nice thick bread.........mmmmmm.......:hungry:

The one that is getting to me now is the cinnamon pancakes at IHOP. I want one so bad!!!!!

Not being banded yet we went for Breakfast this week. had the above mentioned pancakes. I was very disappointed, couldnt finish them, they we not good. So....you arent missing anything there if that makes you feel any better.