Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating two weeks post op

So my surgeon and the nutritionist in the practice gave me what to eat and when to go onto new things. I'm suppose to be on purée right now and it's just not cutting it! I feel hungry still! Has anyone progressed before there dr suggested???? If so are there any suggestions on what would be the best things and easy to digest?

Cw230 Psw 254 Hw 260

No. You should follow your doctors orders. Every time I wanted to eat *it was all head hunger btw. all those nerves were cut, I didn't actually have REAL hunger* I put it in perspective. I would tell myself something like this:

I had 5 holes cut in me, a camera tunneled and long tubes were inserted. My stomach had a pouch cut out and the entire remainder was shoved over and my intestine was pulled up, cut, attached in two places and then sewn back together. The puree stage is to give all that time to heal.

Really Janel i urge you to stuck to doc's orders there really are a reason for it.

I was also hungry after the op for about 3 weeks. But it truly is head hunger. Fact is your body's insides don't even know what the f*ck hit it and it is panic stations in there. The hunger you feel is actually more due to habit.

Another unpleasant surprise awaiting you is coming from week 4. Then your body has started to heal up and when you start eating more solids you're new pouch and everything in there is not too happy. The effect? Most of the times you're struggling cause it is either a quite painful (nerve endings coming back and freaking out) or you feel nauseous or it feels like food is stuck.

For 3 weeks it was just not a happy time at food time for me.

I was like oh man what did i do to myself! I cannot be feeling like this every time i eat!!

BUT good news await. From 7 weeks it all falls into place somehow and it is fine to eat! Your body got accustomed, everything is working, all departments doing their job, and you are feeling good!

I eat whatever i feel like eating and i feel wonderful! Only eat a little bit and then i am full and done. Such a freeing feeling. Of course i don't eat like my old ways. No fast food and junk. But hey i tell you, when you can eat eggs and chicken and veggies and fruit and even a piece of toast again - when you are ABLE to (because week 3 - 7 is shit when trying to eat) you are so happy you want to cry and happy to eat that.

But don't worry about that now because you get cravings now. Where you at now we all were and it is normal. But please heed our advice who have been through it. And trust us. From week 7 onwards everything changes. Then your new body speaks louder than your head. And once THAT switch happens, you are really on the road full force. And it will come.

Good luck ;-) i remember how horrible that period is. Please just stick it out, time flies by you'll see, take it day for day xxx

Just when I felt like I couldn't handle puree anymore I re-read the list of ok'd items and noticed I could have scrambled eggs- those saved me! I ate them 2x a day until I moved on up the line (now I hate them...) But, my point is that be sure to thoroughly read your list, maybe you missed something that would help you through. The puree period sucks!!

I had a much harder time with purees than with liquids...just hang in there.you'll be on soft foods soon. I pureed salsa into everything and ate a lot of hummus...anything for flavor. You can do it!

I get the feeling I decided to introduce myself to foods slow I'm on my third week but I started eating "regular foods last week I would eat very soft chewable foods like tuna canned chicken yogurt cottage cheese but now I'm eating stuff like baked fish mushrooms potatoes and so on I would definite be careful when eating tho I've gotten a piece of turkey stuck not a good feeling chew chew chew

Always follow doctor orders. I forgot to and I thought I was suppose to eat at 1 month I didn't read the paper. I was on liquid for 3 weeks when the surgeon ask me what are you eating? I said eating I do t eat. I'm on a liquid diet. He thought it was so funny. To cut the story short I was hungry at all so forcing my self to eat mash potato was like a chore.

I started eating a week out! But I'm currently typing this from the hospital! I am having pains from what feel to be my "stomache" point is dont be a stupid head like me. I might've busted open my pouch from real foods. I don't know what's going on in there but it's not good and I'm in loads of pain! Purée is so bland trust me I know, but try refried Beans salsa on top and sour cream with even some cheese. It's real tasty and pretty purée lol

Just follow your doctors orders. Some of us got to start puree on day two but that's my surgeons preference. They have their protocol for a reason.

Hi all I'm 2weeks out and have been eating chunky vegetable Soups, where the vegetables are very vey soft and I chew them till in purée form, I have found this satisfies my need to chew something. But in reality I'm eating puréed food, as the soups vegetables in the tin are very soft and chewable to fine amount. Also very small soft chicken pieces if I have a Soup with chicken. At least it tastes normal.

I ate solids about a week out... But I chewed the hell out if my food. I went from liquids to solids. But once again I chewed my food completely.

Thanks for the advice. Yesterday I think I pushed my limit and either ate to fast or too much and I had what I think was dumping!!!!!!! It was horrible! I literally felt like I was dying for hours. So I'm totally gonna follow directions bc I can't go through that again!!!! I'm gonna try the refried Beans and mashed potatoes!!!! Thanks again everyone!!!!!

I ate solids about a week out... But I chewed the hell out if my food. I went from liquids to solids. But once again I chewed my food completely.

Did you have any issues with that? Did your doctor tell you too? Finally, how far out are you?

Thanks for the advice. Yesterday I think I pushed my limit and either ate to fast or too much and I had what I think was dumping!!!!!!! It was horrible! I literally felt like I was dying for hours. So I'm totally gonna follow directions bc I can't go through that again!!!! I'm gonna try the refried Beans and mashed potatoes!!!! Thanks again everyone!!!!!

What did you eat that caused it?

No. You should follow your doctors orders. Every time I wanted to eat *it was all head hunger btw. all those nerves were cut' date=' I didn't actually have REAL hunger* I put it in perspective. I would tell myself something like this:

I had 5 holes cut in me, a camera tunneled and long tubes were inserted. My stomach had a pouch cut out and the entire remainder was shoved over and my intestine was pulled up, cut, attached in two places and then sewn back together. The puree stage is to give all that time to heal. [/quote']

Ditto. You don't want painful consequences or repeat surgery to repair damage.