Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my surgery June 12th. trying to get a rough idea on what are the medications i may possibly be being perscribed upon my release from the hospital ( i know everyone is diffrent and i am NOT!!! seaking medical advice).

I am actually in very good health except for the weight issue. i take no medications currently....good genes i guess? ......any feedback would be helpful

Are you talking about what you will receive for pain medication?

I was given a huge bottle of liquid percocet. (Roxicet)

Also mostly everyone starts on an antacid asap to avoid ulcers. (Prilosec, Prevacid, ect.)

Same here but I had Lortab (pain) and Prilosec (acid). Some docs may want u to start Vitamins right away mine didn't so I started at my first post op appt!

Good Luck on ur surgery!!

I was given pain meds (oxycodone tablets), Multi Vitamins, and liquid prilosec that I started taking at home right after surgery. Two weeks out I'm taking Actigall as well, which prevents gallstones which are common when people start to lose weight. The pills are huge and I think one got stuck today. I asked the doc about the size of the pills when I first got them and they said that it'll be ok. I'm happy not to get gallstones though so I'll take them.

Thank you all for your helpful answers. i am not that keen on taking medication. i envisioned them handing me 30 scripts and it costing me a thousands of dollars.

im ok with taking my Vitamin supplements for the rest of my life. and some pain management pills or liquid for several days. i also just want some frickin semi solid food!

there are just so many things to keep track of....geeezz

have a great weekend

RJ

Oh I forgot, I was given liquid senna (a stool softener) at the hospital to take for Constipation as well. My pharmacy was able to take the Rx and get me it though I had to pay out of pocket for it. However the hospital pharmacy I guess didn't have it because they said it was OTC and they wouldn't fill it. I tried the liquid Colace at first at the hospital and the after taste caused me to get nauseated so they promptly changed it to senna. I am off of it now but it was a nice thing for me to have during that first week while I was worried when/if I was going to have a BM.

Before surgery, I took a liquid Multivitamin, a zantac and one synthroid.

Since surgery: 3 Calcium chews a day, two chewable Multivitamins, 1 stool softener, 1 zantac, 1 synthroid, and one Vitamin d that I take once a week. Also, Protein supplements in shake form and now Fiber. I had a pain pill also upon leaving the hospital.

The most pain in the arse thing about it all is that the Calcium can't be taken near the Vitamin or the synthroid and the vitamin can be taken near the synthroid...or the calcium. And of course the synthroid can be taken around anything. So it's a constant battle in this timeline that also includes getting enough Water,

The only prescription I was given was for the pain medication. (liquid Hydrocodone)

In the hospital they gave me several shots, one was a blood thinner for clots, and an antacid shot, and there were a couple more but my hospital stay is very foggy now.

Thanks Sparklette. I hope that is the csse for me. the less the better.

After surgery I got prescriptions for Oxycodone (pain), one for nausea which I filled but never needed, doxicycline suspension (for my rosacea), and a script for liquid prevacid (which I didn't fill - I had chewables already that they said were okay). I already had synthroid that I could crush to take.

I only used less than half of the pain meds. I'd like to get it out of my house but the drugstore won't take it back and our local drug disposal program won't take narcotics. The pharmacist actually took monwrap it in newspaper and stuff it in my trash. My daughter, a conservation biologist, freaked out at that. They don't want other people to get a hold of this stuff yet you don't have disposal options. Anyone know how I can responsibly get rid of it?

Before surgery' date=' I took a liquid Multivitamin, a zantac and one synthroid.

Since surgery: 3 Calcium chews a day, two chewable Multivitamins, 1 stool softener, 1 zantac, 1 synthroid, and one Vitamin d that I take once a week. Also, Protein supplements in shake form and now Fiber. I had a pain pill also upon leaving the hospital.

The most pain in the arse thing about it all is that the Calcium can't be taken near the Vitamin or the synthroid and the vitamin can be taken near the synthroid...or the calcium. And of course the synthroid can be taken around anything. So it's a constant battle in this timeline that also includes getting enough Water,[/quote']

That is my biggest problem right now, after Protein requirements. Trying to follow a schedule that includes ALL my Vitamins. Calcium is the one I keep missing because of not being able to take it near the others. And I have to try to schedule three of the damn things into my day.

I have three quarters of a bottle left. I am just keeping it. Just in case.

Nobody would take mine either..I ended op flushing it, tearing the label off the bottle, and trashing the bottle...not the best solution

Nobody would take mine either..I ended op flushing it' date=' tearing the label off the bottle, and trashing the bottle...not the best solution[/quote']

My son will be home on leave in two weeks. At least one of his friends is a substance abuser. I want the meds gone by then. I'm going to try calling my local police dept. You would think if anyone knew, they would.

Let me know what you find out....