Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else going through insomnia while post op. I have never had this much of a problem falling asleep and it started 3 days ago and I'm 8 days post- op. this is not making me a happy camper.

I found it difficult to sleep post-op. It got better (which doesn't help you much now) Also I have an out-of-the norm reaction to narcotic pain medication - in that it doesn't make me sleepy like it does many people, It causes insomnia. But the pain medication was very necessary so I just put up with it the insomnia and sleep whenever I am able.

Oh thank you thought I was loosing my mind. I have not slept all night, but do not feel tired. And I know about the reversal on the pain meds. My mother had shoulder surgery and instead of her laying down sleeping when I went to her house, the freaking house was spotless. Haha.

Been doing some research ( since I have been up all night) and this appears to be common. Better not remain a pattern. Lol.

I'm five yrs post op and have it severe. I haven't slept since yesterday. I do this frequently and its a pita.

Yeah. I have to take ambien.

My doctor was suppose to send it in yesterday to the pharmacy. Apparently he forgot too! Gonna call him today and cuss his butt out lol.

I live with insomnia all the time. Asking me to sleep after surgery yea right I'm even more wired. Now add on sleeping with a bi pap machine let's just say my mask is off more than on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

I have trouble sleeping as well, I try to do yoga in the evening which is VERY relaxing and I drink extra strength sleepy time tea, it knocks me right out.

My doctor prescribed me ambien. I slept all night last night it was heavenly. Oh thank heavens. I am a drug and alcohol counselor, in an inpatient facility and am a single mother of 2. I need sleep to function or I would go clinically insane. Lol.

Ambien and ativan alone did not work for me, next came a mixture of both together still does not work. Trazadone does not work. I inherited my aunts horrible insomnia.

Ambien and ativan alone did not work for me' date=' next came a mixture of both together still does not work. Trazadone does not work. I inherited my aunts horrible insomnia.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk[/quote']

Well thank heavens it did something because I was about to loose my mind. Lol.

Did you ever try elavil. It's an old antidepressant but it's good. Might ask your doctors about it.

Well thank heavens it did something because I was about to loose my mind. Lol.

Did you ever try elavil. It's an old antidepressant but it's good. Might ask your doctors about it.

No i haven't. I will have to ask the next time I'm in.

No i haven't. I will have to ask the next time I'm in.

Yes and you can take it up to 100 mg. good luck.

I'm still up at 5:30 and found this. This insomnia is freaking awful! Omg. I'm 4 weeks out and have had it for 2 weeks.

Guess I'm gonna have to check into sleeping meds. This just sucks. I wonder y it happens?

I hope it passes soon too?!?!