Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Luck Dame J

Good luck, I do believe that today is your day ! Sending lots of good vibes !

You will do great !:clap2:

Hey everyone thanks for the well wishes.

the surgery went just fine. The only problem I had was when the Dr was trying to find a vein for the IV. I have very small deep veins so it took a couple princkings.

Got home last night and napped in bed while watching TV. A little discomfort here and there yesterday but not so bad.

Today I am pretty uncomfortable. I find it hard to take deep breaths. I think it's all the gas where the incissions are. Walking helps. I just walk around the house from room to room.

Anyway other than that no biggie. I am now an official Bandster. Woo hoo. :clap2:

Welcome Dame J,what did you think of the whole Dr. Cobourn experience? I've got to think the moving thing must be an ajustment for them.I guess they are unbelievably busy too,they had 4 or 5 people scheduled to be banded on Wed.How many on Friday?

I thought the Dr. Coubourn experience was okay. Lots of great staff so I never felt like I was being neglected or anything. He was a very busy guy on Friday. I think he did 5 or 6 lapbands When I was there. Lot's of people from out of province that day.

I was surprised he hasn't moved yet, however I was told that by the time I go for my check-up in two weeks he will have moved into the new building.

I just got off the phone with him just now and he talked to me about how yesterday went and I got to tell him how today was going. ;) I do like the fact that he takes the time to call, and it's not just one of the nurses.

All in all I was please with Dr. Cobourn's office:)

Yikes, I'm sooooo behind on here.

Congratulations Dame J, glad everything went well!!!

Yes, I believe that becca and gaffer are next on Wednesday!!!!

Don't want to sounds like a worry wart or anything but I don't think I am feeeling too hot right now.

I still get tightness in my stomach and up into my chest that hurt like the devil when it catches me unawares. Also makes me a little sick feeling. Not sure if that is normall or not. I have been taking my gas x and trying to walk about and although it helps the min I stop walking around all that gas comes right back. At least I think it is gas. :sick

Also I don't know if I should worry but one of my incisions hurts. Not the port but one of the others. Yesterday when I has my shower I wraped the area in clear wrap so it wouldn't get too wet but that one incision bled just a tiny bit. now it hurts a little. Don't know if it's nothing or if I should call the clinic.

I just keep thinking this better be worth it, then I question myself why I did this to myself. I just want to feel better and these bad thoughts really don't help. :cry

Dame J, maybe you should call the clinic, or e-mail Dr.Cobourn and ask about it, no sense in worrying yourself that will make you feel worse.

Once the healing period is over you will realise that this was worth it, when your clothes start getting to big, you will realise it was worth it. YOU ARE WORTH IT DAME J. :kiss2: :kiss2: :hug: :hug:

Maria :)

Hey Dame J, I get ya this week has been tough but I feel much better today day 4/5 and hopefully you will too.My incisions are kinda itchy/stingy but after having other operations I really can compare and these are quite normal.For a couple of days I've had waves of being too warm and weak but I've chalked that up to not eating enough and almost NO protein.Get lots of rest, take liquid vitimins and don't be afraid to ask questions to the clinic if need be.Look after yourself and you'll be rewarded later.:)

Big Congrats Dame. I was banded on Wednesday. Dr. C and staff were great and felt very safe. BUT - just before I went under I thought "what the hell am I doing?" And when I woke up, I thought "OMG what have I done to myself - maybe they should take it out right now!" Felt weird for 2 days about my new little "alien" in there-but now, it is my little "ET friend". I feel so excited. Gas shoulder, neck and side pains were a PAIN, but over it now and just a little discomfort here and there. Your feelings of being a bit down are absolutely normal, cause I really had them too. Then I thought " hhhmmnn -shopping-clothes-look good-summer coming- less sweating-feeling like a big damp clam". This is a beautiful thing we have done and I am proud of myself and thankful for this supportive forum. Let the fun begin and the shopping start! Flabuless!:clap2: